Back to work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back to work

Do you believe it's been over 4 months since my "incident" with the table saw and 2 months since my car accident? Well, sadly I get to go back to work tomorrow. I am only working Tues & Thurs with a long list of restrictions on my hand but I still would rather stay home. I did prove to myself that with all my "challenges" these past 4+ months, I still could pull off 10 shows, increase my sales & start the new year with some orders!!! My hand is doing ok but I doubt it will ever be normal again. Alot of scarring on my index finger causing it not to bend fully. The thumb is still numb and tingly sometimes. Just very fortunate I didn't cut any tendons or nerves. I did take a chip out of the bone. I still have to have them both wrapped 12 hours a day to help with the healing. The scar on the thumb starts at one side and circles my thumb to the other side. Talk about luck!!! Anyway, thanks for all your well wishes, thoughts & prayers. They worked.
    Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Good for you Betty...Go get em'... But be sure to take care of yourself....
    Jim

The limits of the imagination are imaginary.
    No task is too tedious for Art.
    Rock and Scroll

My Gallery

My Website
    Featherwood Woodcrafts

Comment

I got this in the email today.

When God leads you to the edge of the Cliff, trust Him fully and let go, only 1 of 2
      Things will happen, either He'll catch you when You fall, or He'll teach you how to fly! 'The Power of one sentence! God is going to shift Things around for you today and let things work In your favor.

I'd say it looks like you got caught and now you are learning to fly. You go, girl. Someone is keeping an eye out in your favor.

John
      I've Got A Lot More To Learn
      About Leaving Battlegrounds Alone
      "~~ Molly Venter

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• tgiro01
        Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
        by tgiro01
        One issue I found with the insert that comes with the saw was the areas they smoothed for the kickback pawls. If the insert is leveled correctly, those areas are sitting about 1/32-inch below the table. I had a problem with some small pieces getting caught and jamming because of that. Sawstop's recommendation...
        Today, 08:18 AM
      • Rolf
        Reply to Interesting pallet
        by Rolf
        That is a definit rescue for a special project. I rarely get or use any pallet wood. But did use some from the pallet that my drill press was on. It looked like pine but was was very hard, carefully checked for nails and ran it through the drum sander with some 80 grit to get rid of any small grit.
        Today, 08:16 AM
      • Quartz43
        Reply to Carved Fretwork Pumpkin
        by Quartz43
        I wish I could post the video as it looks better with the lights blinking. I used some red clear plastic behind the eyes and nose. It was a fun project.
        Yesterday, 07:29 PM
      • Linda In Phoenix
        Reply to Interesting pallet
        by Linda In Phoenix
        Maybe a star shining to tell us something? That piece of wood is a very special piece! Good eye.
        Yesterday, 07:27 PM
      • Misouri Wayne
        Reply to Bruce, the one on probation
        by Misouri Wayne
        Tough situation. Just have to take it one day at a time.
        Yesterday, 04:55 PM
      Working...
      X