Pyrography Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pyrography Forum

Just letting anyone who does pyrography that the forum is back up and running.
    Eric

Liberty Twp (Cincinnati), OH

If today were perfect, there would be no need for tomorrow!

ah, nice, will have a proper look around in a day or so when I have more time.
    The Journey Is Everything.

http://www.sunlion-pyrography.co.uk/

My Google+

Comment

Talk about timing....
      Just yesterday I bought the pens I need to start getting into it.
      I have Sue Walter's DVD, and just got her book for Christmas.
      I plan to use them, (pyro tools), for carving, and to add a new dimension to my inlay work....
      Jim

The limits of the imagination are imaginary.
      No task is too tedious for Art.
      Rock and Scroll

My Gallery

My Website
      Featherwood Woodcrafts

Comment

Good luck Jim. I enjoyed Pyro for about seven years. Hope to combine scroll and pyro work as the new year progresses and my shed warms up a bit. Harder to burn when very low temperatures hehe, though at least its not freezing yet.

I have two machines, one uses wire that one can shape yourself, good for fine work and some shading techniques. And one uses pens with interchangeable blade type burners, they are mostly for burning carved animals or other 3 dimensional objects, though still good for flat work. Can't recall the names offhand, will post a couple pics tomorrow if the high winds die down (starting too) and I can get back to sorting my shed.

Enjoy

My Google+

Comment

Below, my two burners are a Janik wire tool and a Colwood blade tool, plus a nice tip for you, a picture of my burn area where I used felt backers to create a none slip area which makes it easier to keep work steady while burning and protects the back of a project.

Bit blurred but will do.
          Attached Files

My Google+

Comment

You inspired me to get a site up, so I have placed what old photos I still had left onto it. I hope to add to it as I do more pyro-Scroll-and pyro/scroll hybrid projects.

Cheap freeby site, but adequate for my needs.

Link in sig.

My Google+

Comment

Wow,
              Sunlion, I just toured your site. Very impressive...!!!
              I can only hope to become as adept as you at pyrography...

This is a new and exciting thing for me....
              Jim

The limits of the imagination are imaginary.
              No task is too tedious for Art.
              Rock and Scroll

My Gallery

My Website
              Featherwood Woodcrafts

Comment

Amazing work, Sunlion! Wow! I have to get a burner. Want to get into pyrography and intarsia this coming year.

Paul
                www.flicker.com/photos/woodworks44224

Comment

Thanks Jim, Paul,

My style is somewhat different at times hehe, I love celtic design as well as many other types, I am quite ecclectic where my creativity is concerned, though most of the work on site is nature and/or celtic in style on those pics.

I have had great stisfaction form burning and hope you both have too, I find it very rewarding. All I have to do now is try and develop my scrollsawing to catch up, hehe, talk about glutton for punishment (for future long term pleasure that is ).

In the process of trying to develop a hybrid Pyro scrollsaw pattern in Inkscape, will post it if it works out. Been a while since I designed on computer so its still a learning curve in the sawing and design as yet.

nm, once up to speed on that I can start to saw and burn hehe. be warm in my shed then.

Sunlion

My Google+

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
                    Bruce, the one on probation
                    by will8989
                    is doing great in therapy. His range of motion is about 3 weeks ahead of where they expected him to be. He has zero strength in his hand or arm. He tried to grate some cheese, and he couldn’t hold the grater. The doctor had to do repair stitching on the muscle and that will take the longest to heal....
                    Today, 12:59 AM
                  • will8989
                    Sundays market
                    by will8989
                    When we started out, it was 45 deg and rain. When we got there it was 44 deg and rain. By the time we left it stopped raining but was 42 deg. and windy. Luckily we are under cover but that doesn’t stop the wind. I sold 4 baskets, Sealife puzzle and a few other things. I moved the coffee grinders...
                    Today, 12:46 AM
                  • will8989
                    Reply to Dog Puzzle - Aussie
                    by will8989
                    I thought I read you use shrink wrapped bags for your puzzles. Where do you get them from?...
                    Today, 12:27 AM
                  • jim_mex
                    Reply to Carved Fretwork Pumpkin
                    by jim_mex
                    Hey Quartz - thats great scrolling and carving work which the LED lighting sets off a treat - or was that a trick?

Love it!
                    Yesterday, 08:47 PM
                  • KarlB
                    Reply to Carved Fretwork Pumpkin
                    by KarlB
                    Very well done!

Karl
                    Yesterday, 07:36 PM
                  Working...
                  X