X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whoopdeedoo!!!

My scrollsaw is being shipped today!!
    Got me an EX-21 coming!
    I gonna be making some dust with you all pretty soon.

I settled on the EX-21, because I was afraid of the DeWalt, and from everything I read the EX seems to be the better machine. I hope it lives up to what I'm expecting.
    I got the 21 because it's the middle...not the smallest, not the largest.
    I'm hoping I will be very happy......I hope it turns out that way.

Who did you purchase it from? Congrats after some setup you will really like this machine!
    "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
    Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Hehe, I feel your excitement Catlyn, my Ex-21 shipped just before christmas, so is due anytime. Everytime I here a vehicle out front I am up and to the window hehe.
      The Journey Is Everything.

http://www.sunlion-pyrography.co.uk/

My Google+

Comment

Originally posted by wood-n-things View Post
        Who did you purchase it from? Congrats after some setup you will really like this machine!

Ray at Seyco of course.
        You all speak so highly of him...... so of course...Ray.
        And besides he had that great sale price on, so I feel like I'm getting a good deal.
        NOT much more than a DeWalt would have been. (And I'm skeptical of those DeWalts from the reviews I've read.)

Now I got to order some of those Flying Dutchman blades you all speak of.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunlion View Post
          Hehe, I feel your excitement Catlyn, my Ex-21 shipped just before christmas, so is due anytime. Everytime I here a vehicle out front I am up and to the window hehe.
          I will be, too. I hope I'm here when it comes.

Comment

I too wanted a Dewalt 788 but after reading so many bad reports lately and the lack of customer support by Dewalt I ordered a EX21 and got it last week and I love it.
            Bob making sawdust in SW Louisiana
            with a EX-21

Comment

Congratulations Catlyn!
              I wonder how many on this forum got an EX recently. I have mine set up and actually got to use it today! You will love it.
              T
              Theresa

http://WoodNGoods.weebly.com

http://woodngoods.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by Forester21 View Post
                Congratulations Catlyn!
                I wonder how many on this forum got an EX recently. I have mine set up and actually got to use it today! You will love it.
                T
                That's great news! Did you have to threaten him with the tuna roll?

Jan

Comment

Congratulations to everyone recently getting an EX. Got mine a little over 6 years ago and still very happy with it.
                  Fran

Comment

Mine arrived a short time ago.

One solid built and heavy piece of kit for sure.

I sat it on my 'Workmate' still attached to its base packing board for stability and made sure it was level.

Man what massive difference from my lowly little Proxxon. Using Mikes Flying dutchmen Ultra reverse blades, it is like cutting cheese, it is so sweet a cut. Being on the workmate I only got it up to around 55-60% speed due to it not being fixed solidly, but even then on 3/8ths" - 6mm ochee and 1/4" Sycamore it was a dream to cut.

I just did some test cuts as it was not fixed securely to any support properly but the blade went exactly where I wanted it to, and with the dutchman blades it did so with ease. I am so impressed.

Blade tension was pretty much instant with no fiddleing about, No blade slip in the grips. Did take off the guard as I was trying it on small scraps.

Now all I need to do is work out a way to fix it to a stand of sorts, My workbench unfortunately is just shy of deep enough by about 1 and 1/2 inch or less.

Need to think about wether to build a stand from 3" by 2" ot buy the stand for it. Mixed revues on the metal stand I have seen so far, some saying solid while others that it is not? Advice welcome.

If I do go for building one, some advice on leg angle could be helpful. Anyhow will think about this. Can't really do any proper work on it until it is more solidly mounted, but so far even on such a short trial run I am very pleased indeed.

My Google+

Comment

That's good to hear. I ordered the stand with mine. Can't wait til it gets here.

Originally posted by Sunlion View Post
                      Mine arrived a short time ago.

One solid built and heavy piece of kit for sure.

I sat it on my 'Workmate' still attached to its base packing board for stability and made sure it was level.

Man what massive difference from my lowly little Proxxon. Using Mikes Flying dutchmen Ultra reverse blades, it is like cutting cheese, it is so sweet a cut. Being on the workmate I only got it up to around 55-60% speed due to it not being fixed solidly, but even then on 3/8ths" - 6mm ochee and 1/4" Sycamore it was a dream to cut.

I just did some test cuts as it was not fixed securely to any support properly but the blade went exactly where I wanted it to, and with the dutchman blades it did so with ease. I am so impressed.

Blade tension was pretty much instant with no fiddleing about, No blade slip in the grips. Did take off the guard as I was trying it on small scraps.

Now all I need to do is work out a way to fix it to a stand of sorts, My workbench unfortunately is just shy of deep enough by about 1 and 1/2 inch or less.

Need to think about wether to build a stand from 3" by 2" ot buy the stand for it. Mixed revues on the metal stand I have seen so far, some saying solid while others that it is not? Advice welcome.

If I do go for building one, some advice on leg angle could be helpful. Anyhow will think about this. Can't really do any proper work on it until it is more solidly mounted, but so far even on such a short trial run I am very pleased indeed.

Comment

Catlyn, you must do the best choice for blades with an EX-21, one of the best scroll saw machine... If you chose also blades Flying Dutchman from Mike... that's the best! Blades are very very good and service from Mike is also very good and very fast. I live in France and I buy my blades from Mike in the States... (http://www.mikesworkshop.com/blades.htm).
                        Last edited by Simon MARTIN; 12-28-2011, 10:14 AM.
                        Best regards

Simon MARTIN
                        From France

Visit My Gallery:Simon's Album

You can also look at my pyrography galery: Martin's Album

Comment

I just went there and ordered an assortment pack. Since I don't know what I'm going to be using, or really what I'm going to be cutting yet, I am hoping I can get something out of the assortment pack.
                          It will be a place to start, and something to practice with for awhile.

Originally posted by Simon MARTIN View Post
                          Catlyn, you must do the best choice for blades with an EX-21, one of the best scroll saw machine... If you chose also blades Flying Dutchman from Mike... that's the best! Blades are very very good and service from Mike is also very good and very fast. I live in France and I buy my blades from Mike in the States... (Mike's Workshop selling Flying Dutchman brand fret and scrollsaw blades).
                          Last edited by Catlyn; 12-28-2011, 11:47 AM.

Comment

My saw is here.
                            I've been gone for awhile and just got back home. It's out there on the carport, so I have to figure out now how to get it out to the shop.
                            I know it is heavy. I have a small dolly so I'm going to try that.

Comment

Congratulations Catlyn. Just ensure that when it is lifted you read the blurb first on how to get a grip of it to get it out the box. There is a right and wrong way to manhandle according to instructions. Which could in theory upset the tension settings.

Enjoy when you get the chance.

My Google+

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X