• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This guy is nuts

I thought I was good on a track hoe
    Liebherr - YouTube
    May the wind at you back .....
    Not be from Lunch.

Don't take life too seriously; No one gets out alive.

Beauty is in the eye of the BEERHOLDER

Visit My Gallery

Oily's Gallery

http://www.picturetrail.com/oily11

I saw this or one similar video a while back... truly amazing, and fearless.. but it kinda looks like fun if you know what you're doing!

Comment

hehe crazy, but clever stuff. I mean he sat down one day and thought. '....Mmmmm I know what i will do'. hehe crazy man.
      The Journey Is Everything.

http://www.sunlion-pyrography.co.uk/

My Google+

Comment

What keeps that top piece anchored in place?
        I could see how the bottom was held up but that top piece didn't have anything that shows how it was anchored....
        Is it magnetized??
        Sure wish I could have understood what that guy was saying thruout the whole show.

Comment

big cahones

Comment

Originally posted by Catlyn View Post
            What keeps that top piece anchored in place?
            I could see how the bottom was held up but that top piece didn't have anything that shows how it was anchored....
            Is it magnetized??
            Sure wish I could have understood what that guy was saying thruout the whole show.

The top is bolted to the bottom, you'll see them as they are setting the top. There were also guy wires holding it straight.
            Last edited by Woodbutcher68; 12-22-2011, 10:06 AM.
            Fred

There's a fine line between woodworking and insanity, I'm just not sure which side of the line I'm on!

Comment

Originally posted by Woodbutcher68 View Post
              The top is bolted to the bottom, you'll see them as they are setting the top. There were also guy wires holding it straight.
              No, I think I didn't explain well enough which piece I'm talking about.
              I'm wondering about the huge flat piece on the front of the piece of machinery......
              when he pushes it to make connection with the standing tower.......
              what keeps it connected to the standing tower......

Comment

It locks under a lip and slides down into a slot on the bottom. He must have had a whole lot of faith in those engineers to make sure everything held.
                "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
                Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

WOW that scares me

Bob
                  Delta P-20 & Q-3

I wondered why the baseball was getting bigger. Then it hit me!

Comment

Originally posted by wood-n-things View Post
                    It locks under a lip and slides down into a slot on the bottom. He must have had a whole lot of faith in those engineers to make sure everything held.
                    There's also pins that hold the bottom.
                    Fred

There's a fine line between woodworking and insanity, I'm just not sure which side of the line I'm on!

Comment

Ock Ta Liv A

Comment

He wasn't the only one with big cahones, that announcer was standing right under it or at least close enough to it.
                        Don

An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.
                        Benjamin Franklin

At twenty years of age the will reigns; at thirty, the wit; and at forty, the judgment.
                        Benjamin Franklin

A great empire, like a great cake, is most easily diminished at the edges.
                        Benjamin Franklin

www.dogwoodstudiosnh.com

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• handibunny
                          Reply to EX dust collection holes screwed up a project.!
                          by handibunny
                          Rolf, smaller bowl-cutting angles, 30˚ or less, usually don't present a problem either with vibration or for cutting into the table. It's when you get into the 40˚ and 45˚ range that things get dicey for both. (The Seyco saw doesn't even cut bevels greater than 35˚ or so!) If you add even a slight...
                          Today, 09:21 AM
                        • Bill Wilson
                          by Bill Wilson
                          I've done some bevel cutting on my EX-21 as well and also have not experienced any added vibration, nor have I cut into the table. Perhaps I haven't cut at a steep enough angle, but the existing blade hole has been sufficient. I do despise the useless vacuum holes, but I've learned to live with them...
                          Today, 09:06 AM
                        • cwmagee
                          by cwmagee
                          Carole Your hole size was a concern when I purchased the Pegas Replacement Table for my EX21, because I had cut into the side of hole on the original table, The damage I did to the old table was due to the blade adjustments were not in the center of blade holders. So far that has not been an issue...
                          Today, 08:40 AM
                        • Rolf
                          by Rolf
                          That is an interesting point Carole. I have done some bevel cutting on the EX and can't say that I have experienced an increase in vibration or any problems with following the lines. I know when I cut one of your bowl designs on my Hawk I really had to concentrate on not pushing down hill....
                          Today, 07:28 AM
                        • handibunny
                          by handibunny
                          Just a word of caution about the size of the blade hole. When I used a DeWalt years ago in the infamous community woodshop, and also with my more recent experiences with the Jet, if you do much bevel cutting at a steep angle, you will cut into the table. That's why inserts have the slot that can be...
                          Today, 06:21 AM
                        Working...
                        X