Getting back to normal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting back to normal

Hello all, sorry I haven't been around much lately but things have been quite hectic for us since my son in law had a stroke last month. We have been having the children sleep over 3 or 4 times a week so that Lisa could look after Tony and have a bit of the pressure taken off her. The good news is Tony is making great progress, his speech is almost back to normal, just a slight slur from time to time and he is managing to get out for short walks. Lisa brings him round to visit as he is getting pretty bored with staying in. He isn't allowed to drive yet so he's getting pretty grumpy at times, but we see that as a good sign. We are looking forward to having all the kids and grandkids round for Christmas dinner and my brother who lives on his own. There will be 12 of us in all so maybe I may be able to dodge the washing up - Lol.
    Mick
    I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. Winston Churchill

That is great news about the progress. Keep the faith. Merry Christmas to you and your family.
    "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
    Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Hi Mick - great news mate! It certainly sounds like you are all on the home straight at last and will be able to enjoy a great family Christmas.

As for missing out on washing those dishes. Don't disappoint your forum chums or Wendy. I think you'd look great in a Santa cap and white locks and beard wearing a nice festive apron and a pair of bright yellow latex kitchen gloves!!!
      Jim in Mexico

Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.
      - Albert Einstein

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• cwmagee
        Reply to Question about tilting head saws
        by cwmagee
        The last time I visited with Denny Winter 2020, I had an opportunity to try out the PEGA Saw that Denny has set up in his store. I was extremely impressed with the saw performance. It will be the saw that replaces my EX21 when I need a replacement. When I visite Denny I was considering purchasing it...
        Yesterday, 10:24 PM
      • Jim McDonald
        Reply to Harbor Fraught
        by Jim McDonald
        When I worked retail, we would have products plainly labeled "One rebate per address". And people would go ballistic six weeks later when their claims for three or four got shot down.
        Can't imagine if it had been in small print like the ads of today.
        Yesterday, 09:46 PM
      • mccrookston
        Pegas Scroll Saw speed changes randomly
        by mccrookston
        First time posting.
        I have a Pegas Scroll Saw that is almost 2 years old.
        I saw about 1-2 hours a night right now and the speed will slow down and speed up on its own.
        Sometimes it will run full speed for a week and then switch to slow for a week.
        Any ideas on what might be causing...
        Yesterday, 06:01 PM
      • will8989
        Reply to Harbor Fraught
        by will8989
        That is the one store I physically get sick as soon as I walk in. The odor of rubber is overwhelming and I’m good for 3 minutes before I have to leave. Sure glad other stores aren’t like that. Hmmm maybe my bank balance would be higher if they were.
        Yesterday, 03:24 PM
      • Bill Wilson
        Reply to Harbor Fraught
        by Bill Wilson
        I wonder if their effort to offer better quality products may have something to do with it. Seems like they want to market themselves as something more than just a cheap tool supplier. Maybe reducing the number of things eligible for the big discount coupons is part of a campaign to change their image....
        Yesterday, 02:41 PM
      Working...
      X