For Friends of Jim Sawyer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Friends of Jim Sawyer

Jim_Mex has been having problems responding to posts in this forum and asked me to pass on this message:

Our friend Jim Sawyer lost a dear friend in the past day or so after battling illness for a very long time. Jim_Mex asked me to pass on his deepest sympathy and condolences to Jim Sawyer. I would like to add my sympathy as well. We're so sorry to hear of the loss of your friend.

Jan

Sorry to hear of your loss Jim. Hang in there and know we're thinking of you.
    Don

An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.
    Benjamin Franklin

At twenty years of age the will reigns; at thirty, the wit; and at forty, the judgment.
    Benjamin Franklin

A great empire, like a great cake, is most easily diminished at the edges.
    Benjamin Franklin

www.dogwoodstudiosnh.com

Comment

Sorry for your loss, Jim. You will be in my thoughts.

-Bill
      -Bill

My saw is a DeWalt788 Measure twice; cut once; count fingers after cut

Comment

sorry to hear someone has gone on and sorry for your loss.Lance

Comment

Jim S -missed so sorry for your loss. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
          T
          Theresa

http://WoodNGoods.weebly.com

http://woodngoods.blogspot.com

Comment

Sorry Jim for your loss, you and your family are in my thoughts. Just know we're here for you...big hug bro...
            Frieke
            www.friewoodart.webs.com

Visit Frieke's gallery

Don't let the pain of your past and the fear of your future ruin the happiness of your present.

Comment

G'day Jim,
              Words aren't enough in this situation, but they are all I have mate.
              Sincere condolences on your loss, Good memories will dull the pain.
              You are in my thoughts.
              Take care.
              Regards
              John
              "The Golden Mile"John Wayne
              Some of my Stuff
              Retired Medically Unfit Police Officers ***.

Comment

Sorry to hear of your loss Jim. Our thoughts are with you.
                Dan H

I would rather be friendly to a stranger than be a stranger to my friends.

Comment

Thanks everyone...And thank you Jan and Jim...

My friend Don was a very important man to me. He taugh me the meaning of courage, determination, and grace. He beat throat cancer 16 years ago, and came out of it with a tracyotomy, (a hole in his throat). That never slowed him down.
                  We worked on his 1.5 acre yard over the years, and dispite arthritis in both hips and one shoulder, he created the most lavish lush yard, (he had the greenest thumb I've ever seen). I'll post some pictures later on. It was always fun to jump in and help out. He had the most unusual way of going about doing things, but when he was done, you'd say, "Oh...now I get it.. Freakin' genius"...
                  Some of you know that I have Tourette's syndrome, and a rather vicious and painful version at that. Every time I thought of just giving up, I would remember Don. Nothing stopped that guy. I've gotten a lot done by adapting his attitude that I might not have had I never known him. He went out in that yard every day, even when he was in pain, and did something, even if it was only a few small victories. I remember his little saying, " There are no bad days, just the bad moments". He was quite the charcter. He grew up on a farm and knew weird little things about stuff that you just don't hear about. He was like a living Farmers Alminac...
                  He will be sorely missed. I did get to tell him before he passed how much of an impact he had on my life, and that I loved him, (He always knew, but we never said it).
                  When this second bout of cancer hit, this time lymphatic, he still kept it up working in the yard and other projects, right up until he had no strength left. Then he went with the seasons. As autumn staarted to move in, that's about the same time he started to get worse. Then as quickly as the leaves fell from the trees, so went he. I seemed swift. I remember that it rained hard the day he passed. And then the day of his funeral, was the best weather we've had in quite some time....The dude's got connections, I'm tellin' ya... He was looking out for us.
                  The sevice yesterday was beautiful. A lot of tears that day. He was one of those rare people you know you're blessed to have known.....

Again thank you to all my friends here.. I was touched to see this thread...
                  Jim

The limits of the imagination are imaginary.
                  No task is too tedious for Art.
                  Rock and Scroll

My Gallery

My Website
                  Featherwood Woodcrafts

Comment

I'm happy for you Jim that you had such a good friend, and so sorry to read of his passing.
                    My heart goes out to you at this time of mourning, and hope you will find comfort in your friends here. Be well my friend.
                    Gloria ............... Two memorable things to say in life, "Hello" for the first time, and "Good-bye" for the last.

Comment

We are sorry to hear of your loss. Our prayers are with you.

Dan and Glenda

Comment

Jim, it is always so sad to hear of the passing of a Dear Friend. You are in my thoughts & prayers. I'm glad that you were able to have such a wonderful friend. I'm sure he was too. I count my blessing now & then, when I think of my health being as it is. I wish you the very best. Bless you.
                        PERK

Comment

Thinking about you and hoping you mend rapidly I know how difficult this time can be. Cherish the memories.
                          "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
                          Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Jim, thinking of you and thanks for the touching tribute to your pal.

Hang on in there.
                            Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Comment

We have acquaintances who pass through our life and we have friends. Don was a true friend and treasure that came into your life when you needed each other most. You may not have realized it at the time but there you were, each with your own disease and the problems it causes. You accepted each other "as is" which allowed both of you to become the best you could be, everything else be ****ed, and each other's support. It's a shame that more people don't do that - look past all the stuff and see the real person inside. How many people are there that can enrich our lives but we look right past them? You each had the gift to see the real person and accept them.

#1 on my list for next year is a plaque "There are no bad days, just the bad moments." Every penny will be donated to a foundation to help your disease. If there is one in particular you would like money donated to, please pm me with the address.

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers and for a cure for your disease.
                              Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Linda In Phoenix
                                Farmers market "survey"
                                by Linda In Phoenix
                                Curiosity regarding farmers markets.
                                I have only looked into a few, and I know that each one has different requirements.
                                For those of you who do them, what are 'typical' requirements for yours?

The nearest one to me that might have potential, and allows crafters requires:...
                                Today, 11:14 AM
                              • Linda In Phoenix
                                Reply to Farmers market
                                by Linda In Phoenix
                                Truly a nice display. I'm happy for you! Our nearest 2 farmers markets are still food items only as county and city covid rules are still being applied. Our best nearby one is on county parks department property and they haven't lifted essential business and crowd restrictions yet. But the food...
                                Today, 11:00 AM
                              • Linda In Phoenix
                                Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                                by Linda In Phoenix
                                Sawstop instructions are some of the best I've ever worked with. Each part comes labeled with a letter to match instructions, hardware in color coded and labeled to match labels and colors in instructions. Full poster size instructions with pics in addition to manual instructions. Could only find one...
                                Today, 09:57 AM
                              • Rolf
                                Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                                by Rolf
                                So glad they were supportive, it is a bit disappointing that they had to be. But like any tool manufacturer they have to out source many of the components like the motor. At least the motor is mounted externally for an easy change. How true was the blade to the miter slots etc.
                                I like the fact...
                                Today, 08:34 AM
                              • will8989
                                Reply to Farmers market
                                by will8989
                                Steve posted it about 2 weeks ago. I just put out a small sampling of items to see what people are interested in. Seems to be everything! I did notice I had more credit charges than last year. But the ones who paid cash were the ones who paid $7 for a gallon of milk and $10 for a loaf of sourdough bread....
                                Today, 08:17 AM
                              Working...
                              X