3 weeks of work...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 weeks of work...

I had to do to renew my kitchen. I know you all like pictures so here they come.... another reason why I wasn't in my shop, but I think it was worth it! All I did was painting...painting and painting again to finish with painting!
    Oh...I also have some plans for the living room...
    Enjoy...old look1.jpg

old look2.jpg

old look3.jpg

old look4.jpg

new worktable.jpg

new bookcase for my cookbooks.jpg

new look1.jpg

new look2.jpg

new look3.jpg

new look4.jpg

new look5.jpg

new look6.jpg
    Frieke
    www.friewoodart.webs.com

Visit Frieke's gallery

Don't let the pain of your past and the fear of your future ruin the happiness of your present.

Very nice, Frieke! after busy weeks!
    Best regards

Simon MARTIN
    From France

Visit My Gallery:Simon's Album

You can also look at my pyrography galery: Martin's Album

Comment

Sure did brighten up your kitchen area didn't it. Nice job...now get back to the shop
      Hawaiilad
      Larry

Comment

Ohhh I like the old style much better! The white kitchen is nice....but the other had so much color and character and style to it.

Comment

You did good my friend, I like it very much.

Bob
          Delta P-20 & Q-3

I wondered why the baseball was getting bigger. Then it hit me!

Comment

What a wonderful, bright look! It makes you feel good just to see it! And you did a terrific job with the painting--it really looks professional.

I hope you make many wonderful things in your newly redecorated kitchen, to match the many wonderful things you make in your shop.

Can't wait to see the living room.
            Carole

Follow me on my blog: www.scrollsawbowls.blogspot.com

Comment

Excellent remodel Frieke. Looking forward to seeing what you do with the living room.

DW
              Life is hard. It is even harder when you are being stupid.
              John Wayne

Comment

Yep, Frieke, I gots to agree - You did good! That is beautiful!!!! When I first met my wife (last century) she had a brown kitchen and we made it white like that . . . . I was beautiful. I image you are feeling the size different and the pleasant softness every time you walk in there. Good job!

John
                I've Got A Lot More To Learn
                About Leaving Battlegrounds Alone
                "~~ Molly Venter

Comment

Originally posted by Powakee View Post
                  Yep, Frieke, I gots to agree - You did good! That is beautiful!!!! When I first met my wife (last century) she had a brown kitchen and we made it white like that . . . . I was beautiful. I image you are feeling the size different and the pleasant softness every time you walk in there. Good job!

John
                  You're right John, it feel like the kitchen is a lot bigger now, and not so dark anymore... I love to cook and spend time in the kitchen, now even more...should have done this ages ago!
                  Frieke
                  www.friewoodart.webs.com

Visit Frieke's gallery

Don't let the pain of your past and the fear of your future ruin the happiness of your present.

Comment

Very classy!
                    DeWalt 788

Comment

looks great frieda,was that a gloss paint you used,
                      i have had plans on doing somthing like that myself,we were going too change the whole kitchen,but since im unemployed that plan went out the window,next best thing is too re jig the presses and paint them.hope mine turn out as good.
                      not doing much
                      and busy doing it

having fun making sawdust.

http://www.customcutz4you.webs.com/

Comment

Hey Tony glad you like it and believe me, it wasn't difficult, just the drying time was boring... I used for the cabinets satin paint from colors del mundo (Levis, Kenia light) and for the work space Kenia intensive(2 layers). Before that 2 layers of good primer, I always let them make in the paint store, precolored(the primer) so it gives a better result ad the price is the same as other primer. All on water base, except the tiles . For the tiles and workspace I used as primer a two component primer, and then an acryl satin paint but based on solvent. The colors was stone, as was the wall, but the tiles were more intensive ... hope this makes sence to you!
                        Now i'm working om my table, it's an old table in oak from a bakery, we cleaned it and now I want to whitewash it, meaning : I'll take the same paint from my cabinets and add water to it 1:1 whipe it on the wood and clean it back off so it'll leave just white in the nerves. Finish with varnish... that's work for the next few days cuz it has to dry between each layer...
                        Frieke
                        www.friewoodart.webs.com

Visit Frieke's gallery

Comment

WOW, Frieke, that wash for your table sounds great. I can picture it. It will look fantastic, with the wood grain & a little wash showing. Good idea. Your kitchen looks really great. I'll bet you do enjoy it more when you walk into the room. I like the brightness, rather than the dark, although I like the looks of the wood. But, we do what's best for us in the long run. You will really enjoy it, I'm sure. Have fun in your bright new kitchen. Now, the living room. Thanks for showing us.
                          PERK

Comment

You painted the counter top too? I thought everything was all brand new until I looked at the pics a second time. Such a great job!!! Beautiful! Love the colors.
                            Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• NC Scroller
                              Reply to Shrink wrap systems
                              by NC Scroller
                              My process is a bit different. Since I am using heat shrink bags when you seal the open end you trap a lot of air in them. When you start to heat the bag to shrink it you create a large bubble. I continue to heat the bag until it does pop a hole. I have been doing this for years. The shrink wrap...
                              Today, 07:42 AM
                            • will8989
                              by will8989
                              None Linda. You need to find the right heat temp so it shrinks but doesn’t put a hole in the wrap but the tape doesn’t shrink or tear.
                              Today, 12:20 AM
                            • Linda In Phoenix
                              by Linda In Phoenix
                              What thickness of film seems to work the best for puzzles?
                              The bags seem easier on the surface.
                              But the film seems like it is more versatile on size variations.
                              Yesterday, 03:24 PM
                            • will8989
                              Reply to Bruce, the one on probation
                              by will8989
                              Regulations are 150 square feet, this will be 144 square feet so we are good. He’s making it that size Since the sheets are 4’ wide. And the Shelves need to be 4” above my head!! It will be very specific.
                              Yesterday, 10:32 AM
                            • Sandy Oaks
                              by Sandy Oaks
                              As a framer, we have a shrinker wrapper at ArtCrafters. Very simple. Film on a roller, sealer attached, just roll off enough film, seal the film, insert object, seal other end and shrink with a heat gum. We also use Uline as a source. Not sure where our unit can from as it was with the shop when...
                              Yesterday, 09:46 AM
                            Working...
                            X