Your Thanksgiving table Picture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Thanksgiving table Picture

I am working both Thanksgiving as well as the day after...

Please post a picture of what your dinner table looks like so we that are working can enjoy it too.

Thanks

I worked a lot of Thanksgiving Days and my heart is with you. I worked in ER's around the country and for us travelers, there was no such thing as a holiday off. The best Thanksgiving Days spent at work were at a hospital in Richmond, VA. I had a friend who thought it was not nice to have to work on holidays so he made a Thanksgiving feast for the ER staff. Our table was a gurney in one of the treatment rooms so we could run in and out to eat when we had a chance. His efforts were appreciated more than he'll ever know.

Jan

Comment

Hammer...what type of work do you do that would have you working on Thanksgiving? I remember years ago when I sold Real Estate, the wife and kids and I were on our way to the In-Laws for Turkey dinner and on the way I stopped to submit an offer on a house while the family waited in the car. Those were in the days when homes sold very fast...so when you had an offer you presented it right away....now I just walk out to the shop for my work....Happy Thanksgiving
      Hawaiilad
      Larry

Comment

I worked last night, from 11pm to 7am....I am a nurse on the nightshift in a nursing home.
        I'm off the rest of today, but I didn't feel like cooking so my mother and I went out to eat dinner...just got back. I am plenty stuffed. I had as much on my plate as if I had cooked. I had all I wanted, dressing, ham, and sweet potatos.

Comment

got the post too late. been there, ate that.
          Pacifism is great, as long as everyone is participating.

StephenD

The Southern Arizona Woodturners Association
          Desert Woodcrafters
          Grandpa for the 7 most amazing children.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Rolf
            Reply to Bruce’s latest project.
            by Rolf
            That is certainly a very bright contrast. Nice restoration.
            Today, 07:39 AM
          • rottier
            Comment on Tough Decisions
            by rottier
            Hi, Quartz43,
            My name is Kelly and I am the new editorial assistant for Fox Chapel Publishing. I am sorry to hear about the difficulties in copying patterns from the magazine. We strive to make the patterns in the magazine as easy to copy as possible. I am always opening to hearing ideas on how...
            Yesterday, 03:54 PM
          • rottier
            Comment on Tough Decisions
            by rottier
            Hi, Bill Wilson,
            My name is Kelly and I am the new editorial assistant of Fox Chapel Publishing. I am sorry to hear that the last fall/winter issue did not include the types of projects and patterns that you were looking forward. We are currently working on our winter issue for SSW&C and...
            Yesterday, 03:45 PM
          • will8989
            Reply to Bruce’s latest project.
            by will8989
            Done. I’ll get a better picture when they are outside....
            Yesterday, 02:03 PM
          • cseymour
            Reply to Source for 5-Ply poplar plywood?
            by cseymour
            Oh nice --
            Always nie to chat with another HV'er.

Stay well.
            Yesterday, 11:09 AM
          Working...
          X