Fellow scrollsawer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fellow scrollsawer

I went by the little consignment shop here in town and saw alot of scrollwork and those tiny little bird houses that some of you all are making. And lots of fretwork Christmas ornaments and fretwork pictures....she had one of a dragon.....for no less thatn $150.00. It is beautitful, and framed magnificiently, but if I wanted it, it would be way over my budget, but maybe not for some people. (But I'm not into dragons.)
    Anyways, I"m kind of getting an idea of how people are pricing their work around here where I live.
    The owner of the consignment shop gets 30% so they have to add that on top of what they actually want for their work. Personally I think that's kind of high, but I guess she has bills to pay, too, and needs to make some kind of profit.
    Soon as I get my saw I plan on placing some of my work there, too.
    I did NOT see any intarsia, so that might be something different I could do to place in her shop.
    I'm just so excited to get to working on something, I can hardly wait.

Leave your card, and ask the shop owner to have the other scroller contact you. if you don't have a card leave your contact information. You may as well meet them. We can always use a new friend chances are they are a member of this forum or one of them anyway....LOL
    "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
    Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Originally posted by wood-n-things View Post
      Leave your card, and ask the shop owner to have the other scroller contact you. if you don't have a card leave your contact information. You may as well meet them. We can always use a new friend chances are they are a member of this forum or one of them anyway....LOL
      Hey, that's a great idea! I didn't think of that.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
      X