Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

making multiple images on a single page using photoshop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• making multiple images on a single page using photoshop?

I have Photoshop 7, which is a very powerful program if you know how to use it. Trouble is, I'm not too computer friendly. Even with the manual I bought I can't figure out how to make multiple images on one page. I'm thinking it probably has some thing to do with layers, but ?? Duhhhh.
    If anyone could help I would be extremely grateful. Even if someone would volunteer to tutor me?? Or take my image and make multiples for me?
    Here is the image if anyone cares to spend any time on it. I usually try to fit as many of these to a page as I can get while maintaining a size of 2 1/2 to 3 inches when they are printed.
    I also have a MGI PhotoSuite program that I can use but it is on my wife's computer which means putting the pattern on my thumb drive and then running from room to room, which is exactly what I am about to do when I finish here.
    Thanks for your consideration.

Bubba
    Attached Files
    "Live as though Christ died yesterday, arose this morning, and is coming back tomorrow."

sample of muliple images

Here is a sample of what I mean by making multiple images on one page. 6 to a page makes the image about the size I need...2 1/2 to 3 inches.

Thanks!

Bubba
    Attached Files
    "Live as though Christ died yesterday, arose this morning, and is coming back tomorrow."

Comment

If you are inserting this as a jpeg, which I assume you are, then if you open a new file and set your desired page size then insert one, move it to where you want, make a new layer, insert one move it to where you want. Etc. The layers allow you to move each item separately. Pretty easy but if you need more help let me know. You do know you can also insert this jpeg into word or open office and add many to a page then print?

Comment

Originally posted by sappy View Post
        If you are inserting this as a jpeg, which I assume you are, then if you open a new file and set your desired page size then insert one, move it to where you want, make a new layer, insert one move it to where you want. Etc. The layers allow you to move each item separately. Pretty easy but if you need more help let me know. You do know you can also insert this jpeg into word or open office and add many to a page then print?
        I didn't know any of that but thank you for telling me. I'm still not sure of your "computer speak" but I will try to do as you say. I'm really surprised to see you mention open office. I have that and I'll try that, also. I'll keep the notice that was sent to me inbox also so I can keep track of you if I need you.

Thank you so very much.

Bubba

Comment

I am a computer savvy, but not with Photoshop.

My philosophy with something like this is if it will be a limited thing, (i.e. not wanting hundreds of copies or only making a full page once or twice a year) I just print more pages with just one or two. Paper is a lot cheaper than your time and the frustration isn't worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by markdavd View Post
            I am a computer savvy, but not with Photoshop.

My philosophy with something like this is if it will be a limited thing, (i.e. not wanting hundreds of copies or only making a full page once or twice a year) I just print more pages with just one or two. Paper is a lot cheaper than your time and the frustration isn't worth it.
            I just keep the pattern and print it as I need it. One piece of paper, 6 patterns, stack cut in threes, 18 finished projects. I can live with that.

Bubba

Comment

Hello Bubba, I made this in microsoft Word for you. If you have that program, (maybe in open office) you just insert your picture, click on it so you see it's selected and then you can resize the picture as you like. Right click and copy. Then right click nect to that picture and paste the picture, so on for as many as you like... hope this helps, it only takes less then a minute work...
              Attached Files
              Frieke
              www.friewoodart.webs.com

Visit Frieke's gallery

Don't let the pain of your past and the fear of your future ruin the happiness of your present.

Comment

Frieke, thanks so much for the info on Open Office and the copies you sent. Sappy mentioned that, also. I'll have to give it a try. Once I get something in my head, I've got it for life. My problem is getting it there. LOL Sometimes I just have trouble grasping even the most simple concepts.
                Thanks again for caring enough to help. This community is great, and so are you.

Bubba

Comment

Hey Bubba

Nothing wrong with the previous suggestions but you might find this Photoshop procedure a little easier to follow:

1. Open your image up in Photoshop, from the Select menu select All, from Edit menu select Copy
                  2. Open a New File - set the size as US page in the preset box or 8.5" x 11" in the size boxes
                  3. Click your cursor anywhere in the new blank page and then from the Edit menu select Paste
                  4. With the select tool click on the pasted image and drag it to the top left hand position of the page
                  5. From Edit menu select paste again and then drag the new image to butt up to the first one
                  6. Repeat this operation until you fill the page then you are all set to print.

Hope this helps!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X