stung,first time out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stung,first time out

recently i decided too submit a item too EBAY for sale,my first ever item i put up.i have bought many items ,but this was my first sale piece.imagine my delight when after 5 hours up on ebay the item made its sale price so it was marked as sold.the folowing morning i got a email from the person who bought it,asking if i could post it on as quickly as possible as it was going too be a birthday present,
    now bing new too selling i didnt know what was the next thing too do,until i got another email,supposidly from ebay saying that the money the buyer had too pay for the item was sent too paypal and they couldnt release it until i poasted the item and sent on a tracking number,so i could prove that i had sent it,as they were trying too crack down on fraud on ebay.being a new seller i presumed this was the norm.so i sent on the tracking number too them,they then sent me another email stating it would take at least 24 hours too process my money and i should check my paypal account then .thinking all this was legit i waited 24 hours,and another and another,still no money.3 day later i get another email from ebay saying not too deal with the person who bought the item as they were not a member of ebay,and they told me not too post my item.dam i thaught.i just think ive been done.i plan on caling too my loacal post office in the morning too see if i can stop the item being delivered ,but i dont hold out much hope.250 euro down the swanny.
    so please people ...BE CAREFUL NEXT TIME YOU DEAL WITH SOMEONE ON EBAY......even the emails i got from paypal and ebay were spoofs.......
    not doing much
    and busy doing it

having fun making sawdust.

http://www.customcutz4you.webs.com/

Now that is a new scam I had not heard of. Sorry it happened to you! Contact paypal and let them know keep all your correspondence maybe you can get your money after all.
    "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
    Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

im going too try mike but i dont think i will get anything back,i dont think paypal recieved any money so its not there fault...
      not doing much
      and busy doing it

Comment

Well that really is too bad. Lesson learned ..do not ship until money is in your account.
        "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
        Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Originally posted by wood-n-things View Post
          Well that really is too bad. Lesson learned ..do not ship until money is in your account.
          Sage words Mike....

So Sorry Tony...
          Thanks for sharing your experience...
          It's valuable to us...!!!!!
          Jim

The limits of the imagination are imaginary.
          No task is too tedious for Art.
          Rock and Scroll

My Gallery

My Website
          Featherwood Woodcrafts

Comment

too make matters worse jim,the person who duped me is still sending emails claiming all innocence,i sent a email back with a few well placed and unkindly words....hoping they will move on ,
            not doing much
            and busy doing it

Comment

Ouch Tony! - sorry to hear about your news. Having been hit by internet fraud twice in the past 6 months I feel for you mate. I hope you can get the parcel delivery stopped but as you say, its probably too late for that. Let us know what happens.
              Jim in Mexico

Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.
              - Albert Einstein

Comment

twice jim,
                it is i should be sorry for you.
                no,once is enough for me,i wont be burnt again,believe me.
                not doing much
                and busy doing it

Comment

Tony sorry to hear of your troubles on E-Bay. Like you, I've only ever bought on E-bay not sold and from your account I too would think that it was all legit.

Excuse my ignorance here but surely you can't bid for something unless you are a member of E-Bay? So isn't it a little rich of E-Bay to say this person is not a member? So if someone has managed to breach E-Bay's and maybe Paypal's too and through that deceive you into thinking that a legit transaction had taken place, doesn't E-Bay have a liability here to recompense you?
                  Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Comment

no sure realy mayo,perhaps i should get in touch with them.
                    anyway its a hard lesson learnt,hope anyone reading this learn ,s from it..
                    not doing much
                    and busy doing it

Comment

Hi, Tony,
                      Sorry to hear you got scammed. Up until 18 months or so I used to have 2 storefronts on Ebay. I stopped selling on Ebay because their fees are toooo high and their customer service is the worst. I would suggest you keep all the e-mails from the scammer and forward them to paypal. You would have a much better chance with Paypal then with Ebay. (oddly enough Paypal is owned by Ebay) I would also contact you postal service because here in the states that would be a federal offense if you use the mail for fraud purposes. Good luck.
                      Mark
                      Proud new owner of an EX-21

WWW.MGMWOODWORKS.COM

Comment

sent all the emails too paypal,who thanked me for passing them on,
                        small conselation i know.rang the post office,who told me too get on too the police,
                        dont need that kind of hassel as i know for sure they wont help get my get my ebay item back...
                        not doing much
                        and busy doing it

Comment

You should report it to the police. They may be able to help especially if others have reported the same people. Sorry this happened to you. The first time I bought anything off ebay I sent the money (check) and never got the items. Soured me on ebay for years.
                          Theresa

http://WoodNGoods.weebly.com

http://woodngoods.blogspot.com

Comment

Tony,

1) Give all information to the police, they may all ready have a case open on these folks and by adding your information they my be able to track something to them,

2) Give all information to PayPal as they too are working to find these folks they do not like it when their customers get scammed.

3) This is probably the most important advice I can give. If you get an email from a company that you do business with such a ebay, paypal or amazon or any of the other online businesses out there, do not click on any link in the email. Instead go to the companies website and log in and see what the deal is. It is good practice to do this, helps keep you from being hacked.

4) I do business online a lot and I never ship till I have the money in my account.

5) Keep the faith my friend not everyone out there want to scam you, most will want what you have for sale legitimately.

DW
                            Life is hard. It is even harder when you are being stupid.
                            John Wayne

Comment

G'day Tony,
                              Sorry to hear you got done mate, That is bound to leave a sour taste in your mouth.
                              It's a real shame that people like that make you a bit distrusting of everyone.
                              Regards
                              John
                              "The Golden Mile"John Wayne
                              Some of my Stuff
                              Retired Medically Unfit Police Officers ***.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X