X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oily
    replied
    Originally posted by RaymondK View Post
    Any one else do craft shows? I used to, my last one was waaay back in 1998. Back then I did a lot of scroll saw work and tried to sell what I made at craft shows. Never sold one piece, don't know why, I have gotten plenty of compliments on the work I gave away since then. I believe my prices were reasonable. What really got to me was the number of times people wwould say that what I had for sale was good, but not good enough for them to buy. I remember one husband telling his wife that he could make what she was looking at. Right.

So now I just give everything away, or I do woodworking on demand, I have fun making stuff and I love to see people enjoy my work.
    When you hear that BS line ask them what kind of saw they have and why don't you have a booth? Then look him in the eye and raise the price.

Leave a comment:

• RaymondK
    started a topic Craft Shows/Bazzars

Craft Shows/Bazzars

Any one else do craft shows? I used to, my last one was waaay back in 1998. Back then I did a lot of scroll saw work and tried to sell what I made at craft shows. Never sold one piece, don't know why, I have gotten plenty of compliments on the work I gave away since then. I believe my prices were reasonable. What really got to me was the number of times people wwould say that what I had for sale was good, but not good enough for them to buy. I remember one husband telling his wife that he could make what she was looking at. Right.

So now I just give everything away, or I do woodworking on demand, I have fun making stuff and I love to see people enjoy my work.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• planeur
    Reply to My covid angel
    by planeur
    Rolf when you say taper from right to left, do you mean thinner near the body and thicker at the end of cloud as on the wing ?
    And on each cloud touching the body ?
    I had already sand some part , will show show soon!

Thanks

Yesterday, 09:22 PM
  • will8989
    Reply to Tough Decisions
    by will8989
    I did that with Creative Woodworks. But when Bruce's group had their monthly meetings and swaps, somehow or other the ones I didn't buy ended up here! I keep all my holiday ones separate. But I also look at other patterns and think how I can reuse it. But sometimes that is just too much for my brain...
    Yesterday, 12:27 PM
  • Don in Brooklin On
    Reply to Tough Decisions
    by Don in Brooklin On
    Since I refuse to subscribe till they do something about the patterns in the pull out. They even made the DVD tough to print patterns.

What I do is look at the index of the book on scrollsawer.com and if see something I might want to cut I go to Walmart and check out the book. If I like...
    Yesterday, 11:59 AM
  • Linda In Phoenix
    Reply to Tough Decisions
    by Linda In Phoenix
    Absolutely everyone here has made valid points. That's part of what I've liked about this group.....different view points and different ideas. And we respect the diversity. You people rock!
    Yesterday, 11:24 AM
  • NC Scroller
    Reply to Tough Decisions
    by NC Scroller
    I too miss Bob Duncan. I do not think anyone from FC has taken over that role at least on this forum. If they have I am not sure who. Like Betty, I owe a lot to FC and this forum. If it was not for them and this forum I would have probably turned my saw into a boat anchor years ago. Oh how I looked...
    Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Working...
X