Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by handibunny View Post
    \

However, the cover wasn't as bad as a picture I saw, in one of the high-end project books, of a woman in an evening gown posing by her pink bandsaw.
    wait , im wearing cheetah print silky evening wear with fuzzy slippers, a tiara , glass of wine and a metallic black scroll saw wheres my space on a magazine cover ROFL

( kidding totally of course, when in reality its a big huge holey sweat shirt, sweat paints covered in paint and saw dust , no shoes of any kind , not even socks a glass of beer and who the heck k nows what color my saw is you cant see it for the dust LOL )

Comment

Originally posted by woodsman View Post
      Post it Cathie, in fact start it in a new topic. We can all post a pic of us in our workshops, in our best work wear. You can have the honor of being 1st.
      This should be fun.
      ha , this does sound entertaining , i think i just might do this ROFL

Comment

Originally posted by KarlB View Post
        What I don't understand is why it was removed? It was a title that Fox Chapel printed. Not a picture of another magazine.
        Now THAT is funny right there!!!!!! Thanks Karl!

Congrats on the cover shot. I wish my shop was that clean and well stocked.
        ‎"Orphans are easier to ignore before you know their names. They're easier to ignore before you see their faces. It's easier to pretend they're not real before you hold them in your arms. But once you do, everything changes."

D. Platt

Comment

Cathie,

You're a hoot!!! If you do start the new thread you gotta do it with the cheetah print and tiara !!

As far as the photo goes, their trying for mass appeal, the women that buy the book might be woodworkers but more than likely not. If they showed a photo of a real woman woodworker and how much they like being covered in sawdust they probably wouldn't sell many books LOL !!
          Don

An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.
          Benjamin Franklin

At twenty years of age the will reigns; at thirty, the wit; and at forty, the judgment.
          Benjamin Franklin

A great empire, like a great cake, is most easily diminished at the edges.
          Benjamin Franklin

www.dogwoodstudiosnh.com

Comment

Originally posted by jowshu98 View Post
            Cathie,

You're a hoot!!! If you do start the new thread you gotta do it with the cheetah print and tiara !!

As far as the photo goes, their trying for mass appeal, the women that buy the book might be woodworkers but more than likely not. If they showed a photo of a real woman woodworker and how much they like being covered in sawdust they probably wouldn't sell many books LOL !!
            But I bet a woman in a cheetah print and tiara all covered in sawdust on the magazine cover would sell a few copies, to both sex's.

Comment

But be sure that the tiara has eye and ear protection built in...you know OSHA
              Jim

The limits of the imagination are imaginary.
              No task is too tedious for Art.
              Rock and Scroll

My Gallery

My Website
              Featherwood Woodcrafts

Comment

Actually the woman on the cover of that book is Linda Hendry and she was an associate editor of a magazine which is no longer being produced (Weekend Wodcrafts). I'm pretty sure she's a real woodworker too! I don't know if Fox Chapel bought the property or someone else did. She did do a lot of woodworking and the title I linked to above is a good book to get for some one who want's to start out in woodworking. (Both men and women.) There are scroll saw projects in the book as well. (I bought the book.)

Also Judy Gale Roberts was featured on a cover of a woodworking magazine a number of years ago and I'm sure she doesn't mind being covered in sawdust.

Karl
                Karl in Sunny Southwest Florida

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X