this is me....lol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• this is me....lol

my hair is perfectly combed, no dust on my clothing, shop perfectly organized and clean and I don't even have to look at my saw while I have the wood piece IN the blade.....lol....yeah...right.
    I'm not poking fun at Fox Chapel...but sometimes pictures can be so unrealistic....
    but of course it has to be pretty, I guess, to sell.
    I think it would sell just as well to have a realistic picture on the front cover of someone ACTUALLY doing some work.

I'm sorry....I'm just feeling a little b'witchy tonight I guess.
    Last edited by ChuckD; 11-16-2011, 11:02 PM.

Well My 1st impression would be that you look beautiful. But I have a weak spot for woodworking women. You can keep those actress types in LaLa Land. Give me a woman in some coveralls, who knows there way around a shop.

Comment

A face that launched a thousand chips...lol.
      Jim

The limits of the imagination are imaginary.
      No task is too tedious for Art.
      Rock and Scroll

My Gallery

My Website
      Featherwood Woodcrafts

Comment

i should post up a pic of me working , that'll give appreciation for staged magazine photo's ROFL

Comment

A face that launched a thousand chips...lol.
          Thanks for the chuckle Jim. Nice touch!
          Karl in Sunny Southwest Florida

Comment

Where is this picture?
            Rolf
            RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
            Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
            Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
            And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Rolf, I alerted the mods because promoting other magazines in any way is not really proper for a FCP sponsored forum, and this has started to occur lately.

The picture removed was a full color cover of another mag. Not scrolling, but any mag may have scroll saw articles in it, and I think there should be a uniform policy, which is why I sent an alert. I can understand not wanting to promote a competing scroll saw magazine, but barring just one and allowing others is sort of tacky. Can't blame a forum member for posting if the policy isn't clear. (IMHO)
              Carole

Follow me on my blog: www.scrollsawbowls.blogspot.com

Comment

well it might have been funny ...but it has been censored in this free country that we live in.

Comment

Originally posted by handibunny View Post
                  Rolf, I alerted the mods because promoting other magazines in any way is not really proper for a FCP sponsored forum, and this has started to occur lately.

The picture removed was a full color cover of another mag. Not scrolling, but any mag may have scroll saw articles in it, and I think there should be a uniform policy, which is why I sent an alert. I can understand not wanting to promote a competing scroll saw magazine, but barring just one and allowing others is sort of tacky. Can't blame a forum member for posting if the policy isn't clear. (IMHO)
                  I'm sorry....I didn't realize I had done something not allowed. I wasn't even thinking about it promoting a magazine.
                  My apologies. It won't happen again.

Comment

I was going to reply in this thread, but decided to start a new post. You can see it here.
                    http://www.scrollsawer.com/forum/mes...htm#post380366
                    www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

Originally posted by cathiejade View Post
                      i should post up a pic of me working , that'll give appreciation for staged magazine photo's ROFL

Post it Cathie, in fact start it in a new topic. We can all post a pic of us in our workshops, in our best work wear. You can have the honor of being 1st.
                      This should be fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Rolf View Post
                        Where is this picture?
                        They deleted it.
                        Kinda, sorta against the rules to post pics of other magazines.
                        I didn't know I wasn't supposed to do that.

Comment

To quote BobD - "So, in practice, it's fine to say "Hey, check it out...I got published!!!" or "Wow...did you see the great project in the Spring Issue of XX magazine?""

So please tell us what magazine and we can all let Google take over from there!
                          Just don't post a link to or picture of it!

Congrats by the way.
                          ‎"Orphans are easier to ignore before you know their names. They're easier to ignore before you see their faces. It's easier to pretend they're not real before you hold them in your arms. But once you do, everything changes."

D. Platt

Comment

What I don't understand is why it was removed? It was a title that Fox Chapel printed. Not a picture of another magazine.

Here's the link to Fox Chapel's site for selling the "book":
                            http://www.foxchapelpublishing.com/S...king+for+women

Karl
                            Last edited by KarlB; 11-17-2011, 06:21 PM. Reason: added link
                            Karl in Sunny Southwest Florida

Comment

You're absolutely right, Karl. It never occurred to me that it was a FCP publication, which I guess makes the posting OK.

I do agree with Catlyn that real woodworking women are not likely to look like that. However, the cover wasn't as bad as a picture I saw, in one of the high-end project books, of a woman in an evening gown posing by her pink bandsaw.
                              Carole

Follow me on my blog: www.scrollsawbowls.blogspot.com

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X