booth opinions needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• booth opinions needed

hey guys i been mia again for a while and as usual im back for your expertise I am about to set up at a merchants outlet mall on a monthly rental and i have like 2 days maybe a little more to have a booth set up , im always a last minute person, sooo , i was thinking of getting something like this , this same one actually and using it as the back of my booth , with two small 18 inch deep 5 foot long tables on each side ( forming a u ) i was thinking of going with this because its light weight ,e asy to put together, and putting pegboard in the center of it for hangables. any input greatly appreciated have a great wednesday !

Amazon.com: Seville Classics Expandable Closet Organizer STR05813, Chrome: Home & Garden

On top of the 2 tables You van use a table cloth and then you can place a raised structure that looks like stair steps 3-- 6" risers and 3---4" deep treads This will still leave space for things you want to lay down on the table but will give you some height. Instead of traditional pegs for pegboard i use 1/4' wooden dowels cut to be about 3-4"s in length I can still hang things on them or set them on top of the dowels and it stays with my wood working theme.
    "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
    Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Thank you Mike im cramming last minute and need all the help i can get for sure ! I will find out here shortly exactly when im getting in , im kind of hoping next week so i can have more time to get ready in but with my luck they'll say some crazy stuff like we'd like you to be here tomorrow LOL what color is your pegboard ? im thinking of making everything white

Comment

I went with deep green. White is too sterile, black detracts from the natural woods. Research said a form of green.
        "Still Montana Mike"

Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

interesting.... and green happens to be my favorite color LOL thanks for that heads up too

Comment

You are welcome. The green I settled on is almost a Christmas green, the one I'm currently using has just a hint of blue in it, not really discernible.
            "Still Montana Mike"

Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

When I used peg board on my display it was white. If you go that route get the plastic peg board. Painted white peg board will requires a repaint from time to time to keep it looking good.

BTW check around you ares to see if any place sells new and used store fixtures. I have gotten rid of my peg board and switched to grid wall which is much easier.

If your display stand will be at the back of the booth or along a wall attache a back ground. I just use a "cheap" black sheet I got from Wally World. It makes a big difference. One final point. If you plan to cover your tables with a table cloth use a solid color. I normally have two tables with different color back grounds. While Christmas patterns look nice they will take away from you display. Your background should highlight you works.
              Scott
              Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Thank you Scott I tried to google an find where all these people are finding their grid walls and stuff at and came up with nothing ( i have no google foo what so ever i can never find anything LOL ) thats how i ended up finding that rack closet thingy i posted , never thought to check local stores around. This booth is going to be left up for at least a month ( hopefully longer if i decide to extend my lease ) and they run the place for you so i wont have to be there , im wondering if i should fasten these sheets to the table some how ??? i've heard that this place is so packed you cant move because of how many people are in it, and while its close its still a 35 minute drive and i dont realy want to have to go there every day to make sure the booth hasnt been turned over .

Comment

Cathy

Is this the grid wall you are talking about? 3/4 in. x 48 in. x 96 in. Medium Density Fiberboard Slotwall-853869 at The Home Depot

Just be warned it is 3/4" MDF so it is fairly heavy.
                  Tim

In God we trust, all others must pay cash!

I don't want no bargains, they always cost me more money.

Comment

Hey Cathy,

When I started doing shows a few years ago I went with a green microfiber cloth for my tables. It's easy to clean and gives a nice texture and feel to the table both visually and to the touch. I chose it because it seemed the best color as a background for the wood to stand out against. I pretty much setup as Mike described with a skirt over the table (black) a riser and the green cloth over. It's quick, easy, and gives height and variety to the customer to scan what you're offering. As others have said that slat wall material is heavy stuff. You'll need to make sure it's fastened really well to the wall or if it's a rack that it'll hold it. Back when I was in retail we used to have to move this stuff around and it can be a real chore to make sure no one got hurt, but once up it works great and there are lot of options for shelves , pegs etc. You could probably pick some up cheap from a used fixture outlet.
                    Attached Files
                    Don

An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.
                    Benjamin Franklin

At twenty years of age the will reigns; at thirty, the wit; and at forty, the judgment.
                    Benjamin Franklin

A great empire, like a great cake, is most easily diminished at the edges.
                    Benjamin Franklin

www.dogwoodstudiosnh.com

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• jim_mex
                      Reply to Big week here
                      by jim_mex
                      Hi Jim - A nice story regarding your son biting the bullet. Congrats to all!

Re your upcoming retirement. I wasn't really looking forward to mine but to be honest, apart from being home based due to this darn virus, I've gotten accustomed to getting up in the morning and deciding what I...
                      Today, 03:32 PM
                    • Quartz43
                      Reply to New tools
                      by Quartz43
                      You have found out about retirement. Busy, busy and busy. And you need more tools!
                      Today, 03:29 PM
                    • wjbclocks1
                      Reply to Big week here
                      by wjbclocks1
                      Enjoy life, Congrat....
                      Today, 01:30 PM
                    • Jim McDonald
                      Reply to New tools
                      by Jim McDonald
                      Good luck getting ANY of that garden space!
                      Today, 01:24 PM
                    • Jim McDonald
                      Big week here
                      by Jim McDonald
                      Well friends quite a week here on the prairie.
                      Long back story, but our son was adamant we get a fast response COVID test last Saturday, so we could attend an outdoor gathering of his girlfrigirlfriend's family. About an hour into the ATV and dirt bike riding, he got off the 4-wheeler and dropped...
                      Today, 01:20 PM
                    Working...
                    X