Blue Angels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue Angels

I have seen the Blue Angels before but never from this angle.

These guys are good.........close up and personal!

Click here:
    http://www.dump.com/2011/10/26/raw-c...ir-show-video/
    Raw Cockpit Footage Taken During A Blue Angels Air Show [VIDEO]
    Chuck D

When a work lifts your spirits and inspires bold and noble thoughts in you, do not look for any other standard to judge by: the work is good, the product of a master craftsman.
    Jean De La Bruyere...

l
    Hegner 18, Delta p-20, Griz 14 inch Band saw

Thanks so much for sharing the video with us Chuck. I have also seen the Blue Angles many times...but not from that angle.
    Hawaiilad
    Larry

Comment

Pretty Typical

Just standard formation flying - we do it every day in the Air Force. It's part of pilot training (OK, not the loop with gear and tailhook hanging, but that's just to show off). And flying upside down for extended periods is no fun whatsoever. What makes these guys good is finding a runway that's floating somewhere out in the middle of the ocean and landing on it when it's moving up and down plus-or-minus 40 feet!!!! Take a look at their landing gear sometime on a static display. Then compare it to an Air Force landing gear. The difference is when we land, we "kiss" the runway. The Navy performs a controlled crash - and then hopes they don't bounce before the tailhook catches.

Comment

That was great.
        Thanks Chuck

Bob
        Delta P-20 & Q-3

I wondered why the baseball was getting bigger. Then it hit me!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• NC Scroller
          Reply to Workshop extension and major facelift - a work in progress
          by NC Scroller
          Just curious about the 13' extension. Building material, especially sheet goods are in 4' increments. Why 13'?...
          Today, 12:11 PM
        • jim_mex
          Reply to How’s that warm weather RJ?
          by jim_mex
          Hi folks - I really feel sorry for you people north of the border.

Here in Central Mexico, apart from a couple of days at the end of January where we had a couple of showers in the evenings we have seen hardly any clouds in the sky during the day since the New Year and although we 've...
          Today, 12:02 PM
        • jim_mex
          Reply to Blue Heron
          by jim_mex
          Wow! - this a stunning piece!

In particular the head is so lifelike it feels like if you got too close to this bird he (or she) would reach out and nip you with its beak....
          Today, 11:52 AM
        • planeur
          Reply to Blue Heron
          by planeur
          Hello Jo,
          It is me again , and after a close look of you Heron, WOW so much details and fine cuts. Was it a gift ?
          Just found the cie which sell the pattern ( in canada )

Have a good day.

planeur
          Today, 11:15 AM
        • jim_mex
          Workshop extension and major facelift - a work in progress
          by jim_mex
          Hi all -

Around the beginning of year I mentioned in a post that I was looking at ways to extend my existing workshop space to give me room to accommodate a midi lathe I had bought and to also allow me to undertake smallish carpentry projects in addition to scrollsaw work. Well, I finally
          Today, 11:12 AM
        Working...
        X