Hey Carl,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Carl,

Just received some postcards of the Vancouver area from one of my consultants who was visiting last week.

Absolutely gorgeous country. Vancouver looks like a pretty happenin' town too.
    Kelly
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Vancouver is happening thats for sure.
    I know I couldn't afford to live there

Average house prices in my town are over $400,000.00
    I bet Vancouver average is more like $750,000.00

That will buy you a few gross of your favorite scrollsaw blade!
    CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
    "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
    Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

Originally posted by CanadianScroller
      Average house prices in my town are over $400,000.00

I bet Vancouver average is more like $750,000.00
      Yeah, but with the exchange rate and all that works out to.....what.......$40,000 and $75,000 U.S.????
      ‎"Orphans are easier to ignore before you know their names. They're easier to ignore before you see their faces. It's easier to pretend they're not real before you hold them in your arms. But once you do, everything changes."

D. Platt

Comment

Hmmm, Nope. Canadians are not selling ourselves that cheap these days....

According to Yahoo Finance, as of today, our Canadian Dollar is worth 0.8953 (0.90) the American Dollar.

So ... keep saving if you want property in Canada.

Comment

Hey Barry I will sell you my neighbors house for $40,000, I am not sure he will like it but thats ok.
          CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ

Comment

What are you saying Carl? You don't like your neighbor.
            Kelly
            "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Comment

I live in a townhouse.
              My neighbor has 6 kids.
              They do shiftwork, one parent keeps the kids in line the other does not.
              The row of townhouses I live in has 3 dogs.
              None of the owners of the dogs cleans up after them.

These are really only small annoyances and I really like the place I am in.
              I am one block from the hospital, I have soccer and baseball fields across from me. An arena kiddy corner and a swimming and wave pool between me and the hospital.
              Half hour walk to work, mountains all around me and I wouldn't trade it for the world.....ok maybe a new Diamond fretsaw, but not for anything else.

Besides this is the view from a subdivision 5 minutes away. I can see the same mountain from my place but the trees look better there
              Attached Files
              CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• NC Scroller
                Reply to My covid angel
                by NC Scroller
                Whatever way you decide to do if you are happy and your brother in law is happy it was a good idea. If you really want to be brave use it as a learning experience. Make several of them using different suggestions and see the difference....
                Today, 12:35 PM
              • Bill Wilson
                Reply to Tough Decisions
                by Bill Wilson
                Well, unfortunately, I have also decided to let my subscription lapse. I've been debating it for the past couple years. It isn't so much the money, but it's more the disappointment when yet another issue has so little in it that really appeals to me. The final straw was this past Fall/Winter edition...
                Today, 09:51 AM
              • planeur
                Reply to My covid angel
                by planeur
                Thanks to all !😀 Your comment are very good and make sense!

My piece is 8"X8" X 1/2" thick.
                I though when I cutted the piece to do it in 1 piece or 4/5 , but after a while I decided to do it in one piece and carved it to have a 3D aspect.
                Was it a good idea.....?...
                Today, 09:45 AM
              • Rolf
                Reply to My covid angel
                by Rolf
                Great designe! I would have gone a bit further than Linda, Scott and Gladefade I would cut it into more pieces to make shaping easier. Taper the clouds from right to left, taper the wings so that they are lower where they attach to the body. Taper the neck so that it looks like it is going into the...
                Today, 09:02 AM
              • Rolf
                Reply to Tough Decisions
                by Rolf
                The never ending dilemma. I only get two magazines SSWWC and Wood carving Illustrated. Even if I don't make something in every issue there is usually something in each one that I have never tried and that will either challenge or inspire me. Yes I know that I do test cutting for them and they have occasionally...
                Today, 08:49 AM
              Working...
              X