Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TheWoodArtist
    replied
    I trademarked my signature "The WoodArtist" then I also got a business license as "The Woodartist's Woodshop". To answer your question I actually just registered my signature. Though I think they are kinda the same thing. I have looked at the paperwork since seeing this thread and it's regstered don't remember why I didn't trademark it. It was a long time ago.

Leave a comment:

• millwab
    replied
    Originally posted by TheWoodArtist View Post
    I had my signature trademarked a while back if I remember right it cost me right at $100 and took 6 weeks... I done that mainly for my business as I do my business as "The WoodArtist's Woodshop" and I have a woodburning stamp I stamp on all my finished pieces.
    Chris, did you trademark your signature or your business name?

Leave a comment:

• Wood Dog
    replied
    Thanks for the info Jim & TheWoodArtist, much appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• TheWoodArtist
    replied
    Jim you are right it would stand up in court. As far as the other question, if you are meaning famous signatures, some are and some aren't. You have to look at the signature, if it has the copyright symbols or trademark symbols then yes they are copyrighted. I had my signature trademarked a while back if I remember right it cost me right at $100 and took 6 weeks. I requested the application from the copyright office and feeled it out and sent it all in with payment. I done that mainly for my business as I do my business as "The WoodArtist's Woodshop" and I have a woodburning stamp I stamp on all my finished pieces. If you have questions about it check with the copyright office, they are slow at responding but will eventually respond to you. Hope this helps or at least guides you a little closer to the answer.

Leave a comment:

• JimSawyer
    replied
    Wd, write your signature on a piece of paper. Write copyright, ( with the little, 'c',), and the date, and mail it registered letter to yourself. then don't open it....It's just a little insurance.
    I did that with some of my poetrty. Someone said it would stand up in court...
    I may be wrong, but it sounds worthwhile ro me....
    Last edited by JimSawyer; 11-10-2011, 07:34 PM. Reason: clarity

Leave a comment:

• Wood Dog
    started a topic copyright question

copyright question

Just wondering if signatures are copyrighted, like patterns are?

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X