copyright question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• copyright question

Just wondering if signatures are copyrighted, like patterns are?
    Gloria ............... Two memorable things to say in life, "Hello" for the first time, and "Good-bye" for the last.

Wd, write your signature on a piece of paper. Write copyright, ( with the little, 'c',), and the date, and mail it registered letter to yourself. then don't open it....It's just a little insurance.
    I did that with some of my poetrty. Someone said it would stand up in court...
    I may be wrong, but it sounds worthwhile ro me....
    Last edited by JimSawyer; 11-10-2011, 06:34 PM. Reason: clarity
    Jim

The limits of the imagination are imaginary.
    No task is too tedious for Art.
    Rock and Scroll

My Gallery

My Website
    Featherwood Woodcrafts

Comment

Jim you are right it would stand up in court. As far as the other question, if you are meaning famous signatures, some are and some aren't. You have to look at the signature, if it has the copyright symbols or trademark symbols then yes they are copyrighted. I had my signature trademarked a while back if I remember right it cost me right at $100 and took 6 weeks. I requested the application from the copyright office and feeled it out and sent it all in with payment. I done that mainly for my business as I do my business as "The WoodArtist's Woodshop" and I have a woodburning stamp I stamp on all my finished pieces. If you have questions about it check with the copyright office, they are slow at responding but will eventually respond to you. Hope this helps or at least guides you a little closer to the answer.
      "Keep Scrolling Along"
      Chris "The WoodArtist"
      https://www.facebook.com/TheWoodArtistWoodShop

Comment

Thanks for the info Jim & TheWoodArtist, much appreciated.
        Gloria ............... Two memorable things to say in life, "Hello" for the first time, and "Good-bye" for the last.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWoodArtist View Post
          I had my signature trademarked a while back if I remember right it cost me right at $100 and took 6 weeks... I done that mainly for my business as I do my business as "The WoodArtist's Woodshop" and I have a woodburning stamp I stamp on all my finished pieces.
          Chris, did you trademark your signature or your business name?
          Bruce
          . . . because each piece will be someone's heirloom someday.
          visit sometime
          Hawk 220VS, Delta 40-570

Comment

I trademarked my signature "The WoodArtist" then I also got a business license as "The Woodartist's Woodshop". To answer your question I actually just registered my signature. Though I think they are kinda the same thing. I have looked at the paperwork since seeing this thread and it's regstered don't remember why I didn't trademark it. It was a long time ago.
            "Keep Scrolling Along"
            Chris "The WoodArtist"
            https://www.facebook.com/TheWoodArtistWoodShop

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Linda In Phoenix
              Reply to Shrink wrap systems
              by Linda In Phoenix
              I checked out www.ULine.com We used them years ago at the company I used to work at, and they were really reputable to work with. They have machines, guns, bags, and film. I just don't really know what works best, as well as if there is a really great priced to buy from. To date I've been a frugal...
              Yesterday, 10:01 PM
            • will8989
              Reply to Dog Puzzle - Aussie
              by will8989
              Will check out amazon tomorrow. Thanks.
              Yesterday, 09:53 PM
            • will8989
              Reply to Shrink wrap systems
              by will8989
              Well, I used to get my shrink wrap rolls from AC Moore, and just used the last roll😟. I use a heat gun but lately and only shrink the Sealife puzzles to keep the pieces in place. I only use it on puzzles because of my display board otherwise I would have broken pieces all over the place. Also easier...
              Yesterday, 09:49 PM
            • will8989
              Reply to Bruce, the one on probation
              by will8989
              He’s gotten me through some pretty tough times and always has my back so It’s the least I can do. Good thing I had the freezer stocked! That has been a time saver. I made a pot of chili on Sunday and got 6 meals out of it! As for payback, I’m getting a new shed in the spring! I had to do my flap...
              Yesterday, 09:32 PM
            • will8989
              Reply to Sundays market
              by will8989
              We did. I only went $40 over budget. I got a 73” x 12” x 3/4” curly cherry for $55. Just needs to be run through the sander and cut to size. It’s a pinkish cherry and is so pretty. A piece of deep red redwood, 2 pieces of walnut each about 12” wide. Good haul.
              Yesterday, 08:56 PM
            Working...
            X