Flood Pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flood Pictures

Some of you may have heard that my house was flooded back in September. One of our contributors called in and requested I post pics on the forum... so these are for you Jim....

1. Coming down my driveway after the waters receded. You can see how it came up strong enough to take down my split-rail fence.
    3. My back yard - water still going down.
    4. Note the toilet paper rolls on the shelf - that shows you how high the water was inside the house
    5. My back door - the debris line is up to the door knob.
    6. The back of my kitchen cabinets. Lovely.

We are rebuilding... slowly but surely. This too shall pass.

Luckily we are blessed was great friends, family, co-workers, and bosses who have supported us throughout this ordeal.
    Attached Files

Oh.... and here's one of my saw..... Notice the lovely rust color of the saw table!
    Attached Files

Comment

Shannon, I'm so sorry that you're having to struggle through this. I know that it's "only" property damage, not health or injury issues, but still, what a major disruption!

I hope that in rebuilding you're able to make things better than they were before, and find some comfort in your own strength and resilience, and in the caring and support of everyone who has come to your aid.

Thank you for sharing this with your forum "family", and keep us updated as you gradually restore things to normal.
      Carole

Follow me on my blog: www.scrollsawbowls.blogspot.com

Comment

I was in Hershey in September (17) for my nephews wedding and saw how high the water was in several areas.
        I was not aware that you had been impacted, it tears at the heart to see so much damage.
        I can't begine to imagine it must have felt to drive up to the house and see what you have to deal with.
        How can we help you?
        Rolf
        RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
        Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
        Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
        And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Wow Shannon..Shocking imagery...!!
          I never imagined it hit you that bad.
          I'm guessing there's a lot of work ahead of you. Nearly a rebuild of the entire house. I do hope you had flood insurance....
          Whatever we can do to help, seriously, we're here for you...!!!
          Jim

The limits of the imagination are imaginary.
          No task is too tedious for Art.
          Rock and Scroll

My Gallery

My Website
          Featherwood Woodcrafts

Comment

I do know that we have this to help....Craft Grab Bag Offering....

I don't know how many of our members realise it, but Shannons house will have to have all of the sheetrock, insulation, (hopefully not the studs), flooring and tile replaced.
            I think I would just die if I came home and saw my scroll saw looking like that....
            Jim

Rock and Scroll

My Gallery

My Website
            Featherwood Woodcrafts

Comment

Jim, thanks for the link, which I somehow missed. I just made my contribution--it's nice to be able to do something, even if it isn't nearly enough.
              Carole

Follow me on my blog: www.scrollsawbowls.blogspot.com

Comment

Already done, Jim. I sure hope they have a lot of grab bags, because I think they are going to need them after Shannon's on-line, subscriber family sees these photos and hears the story.

Jan

Comment

Ho lee cow, what a mess. So sorry for your situation, photos sure help to understand the damage when a flood hits. Thanks for taking time to post them. Good luck with your rebuild.
                  Gloria ............... Two memorable things to say in life, "Hello" for the first time, and "Good-bye" for the last.

Comment

Sorry to see such devastation. I hope pictures and other important things were salvaged. Best of luck with the remodel. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

I just got an e-mail my grab bag has been shipped...Christmas is coming early for me.
                    "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
                    Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Shannon, I know it is heartbreaking to have something like this happen. When it happens to you, it is devistating. I am familiar with what has to be done & it is mind boggling to say the least. All that has to be completely replaced with new. Time will not go fast enough in your recovery. Bless you.
                      PERK

Comment

Oh, bless your heart....I can't even imagine how you must be feeling or what all you're going to have to do to get things repaired.
                        I don't know you, but my heart goes out to you.
                        When I see things like floods, tornado damage, etc, it just breaks my heart for the people affected.
                        There really seems to be alot of it happening today.

Comment

Thanks All. Yes - it's been quite crazy at my house. I can hardly believe it's been two months already! Luckily we had a bit of warning, so got all the family photos and important papers up to the second floor.

My new kitchen cabinets and counter top came in - hubby went to pick them up today and says the counter top is not right. It never ends...

But we'll get through it. On a brighter note... we used the flood as an excuse to finally set a deadline for my 21-year old son to move out - and he spent the first night in his new apartment over a week ago! See - you just have to look for the silver lining!

Comment

I gotta ask Shannon.....Did he get a 2nd floor apt.???<smirk>

We gotta do something about that saw though...<tears>
                            My gut wrenched when I saw it.....

I'm hoping with your connections through Fox Chapel, that they can get you hooked up again....
                            If not, then I'm going to start a fund raiser for it.
                            I just can't imagine life without my saw.............
                            Jim

Rock and Scroll

My Gallery

My Website
                            Featherwood Woodcrafts

Comment

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family....

Really sorry to hear about the flood...

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X