Bad birthday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad birthday

This is not the best birthday I've had. This morning at 6:30 am a car knocked my niece off her bicycle on her way to work. She suffered a broken arm and severe bruising to her ribs and back. At 11 am my son in law was taken into hospital after suffering a stroke. He is comfortable and is being constantly momitored for the next 24 hours. He will be having a brain scan sometime this evening. We are having the children stay with us tonight, they are a little bewildered but bearing up. My daughter is trying to be strong for them but sometimes it gets too much for her and she breaks down. Tony is only 49 years old and it has come as a great shock to us. He is a veteran of the 2nd Gulf war and recieved some injuries in Iraq which have left him partly disabled. We will be living on a knife edge for the next few days.
    Thanks for listening
    Mick
    I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. Winston Churchill

I have nothing to say except that I pray that God and his angels keep you close...
    My prayers go out to you.....
    Jim

The limits of the imagination are imaginary.
    No task is too tedious for Art.
    Rock and Scroll

My Gallery

My Website
    Featherwood Woodcrafts

Comment

My thoughts and prayers are going to your love ones.
      Jerry

Comment

Mick, thinking of you and yours mate.

Hope things turn out for the good.
        Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Comment

Thanks to you all. We have to wait until tommorow for the results of the scan, so I don't think we will get a good nights sleep, but I'm ever the optomist.
          Mick
          I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. Winston Churchill

Comment

Birthday! I won't say happy cuz I know it isn't. I hope all goes well for you and yours. Don
            Don

Comment

Hang in Mick, Your forum family is behind you too. Prayers to you and yours. Rob
              May the wind at you back .....
              Not be from Lunch.

Don't take life too seriously; No one gets out alive.

Beauty is in the eye of the BEERHOLDER

Visit My Gallery

Oily's Gallery

http://www.picturetrail.com/oily11

Comment

Hang in there!!! Thoughts and prayers to you and your family...blessings that the children have great grandparents to comfort them and share their love!!!
                ~ Kim

A day in my shop is like a day at the beach...full of sunshine and ya never know where the sawdust may end up!

www.gonecoastalart.com

Comment

Here are my best wishes for a full and rapid recovery for both of them. Big hugz to the family for strength in this tough time.
                  "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
                  Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

We are here for ya Mick, prayers sent for your niece, and son-in-law.
                    Gloria ............... Two memorable things to say in life, "Hello" for the first time, and "Good-bye" for the last.

Comment

Mick, hoping for the best for your family.

Comment

My heart is with you!
                        DeWalt 788

Comment

Mick, my heartfelt prayers and good wishes are sent your way, I hope your daughter heals rapidly and your son in law recovers fully.
                          Mike

Comment

Prayers and good wishes coming from here for your family. May next year's birthday be filled with joy and the knowledge that your family is safe.

Jan

Comment

Mick, Our thoughts and prayers are going to you and your love ones.
                              Eric

Liberty Twp (Cincinnati), OH

If today were perfect, there would be no need for tomorrow!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• jim_mex
                                Reply to New tools
                                by jim_mex
                                Hi Rhys - I did finally get the center stand for the bike a couple of weeks back after it was stuck in customs for almost a month. Still have to put it on. The paddock stand will help me do this - Lol!

Of course you are correct in that the center stand does a similar job but the advantage...
                                Yesterday, 11:14 PM
                              • Hobbyhorse
                                Reply to New tools
                                by Hobbyhorse
                                Did you ever get the centre stand for the bike? A paddock stand does the same thing finally, I guess.
                                Yesterday, 11:03 PM
                              • Hobbyhorse
                                Reply to Home remodeling completed !!!
                                by Hobbyhorse
                                Brilliant stuff Jim. Congratulations on the layout and the workmanship, but most of all enjoy it.
                                Yesterday, 10:58 PM
                              • KarlB
                                Reply to Home remodeling completed !!!
                                by KarlB
                                Very nice Jim. You have a very contemporary look now! Since I do cabinet, Entertainment centers, etc. for my work I see a lot of the same looks being done here in Naples. (i.e. large porcelain tiles, lighted dropped ceiling)

I do like your use of the space in the door way for additional...
                                Yesterday, 09:41 PM
                              • KarlB
                                Reply to Craft Knife blade holder
                                by KarlB
                                Well judging from the photos, it looks like it could be a scroll or band saw. (The photos, although a bit blurred, show a few burrs at the cut.) It also appears the set screw may go into the other side of the cut as the hole on the blade would allow the pass through. Maybe, however it is just a pressure...
                                Yesterday, 09:31 PM
                              Working...
                              X