Hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello

Just a quick Hello! Its been a long time since Ive been on here, but I miss yall . I am going to try making it on here more often. I am still alive and doing well. Wow, the number of new posts that accumulate on here when ones away for a while!
    Dale w/ yella saws

Good to see you posting again. Fill us in on what has been going on in your life if it not too personal at ask.
    "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
    Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Well Mike, I have become a grandpa heck, my grandson is almost two already!! Woe time flies!) I lost a job of 21 years when the plant shut down, then did some farming, loooooong hours, before landing my new job. I am back to being a welder, working for a company that builds overhead cranes.Other than being a fairly long drive to and from work, I really enjoy the new job. Even though Betty likes to give BobD $#!^ for keeping me busy test cutting and not allowing me time to post on here, I have been doing some test cutting for Bob(I mailed two projects out to him yesterday as a matter of fact), and also I was working on a huge pile of projects for Heather in the Fox Chapel book dept that required a lot of time , first to troubleshoot exactly what the directions were (in a different language) and then to make. They all turned out great though, I look forward to seeing those books come out eventually. Besides that, my time with the 4H kids eats up all my free time for a good portion of the year, and then theres my own projects, and all the normal everyday things that need doing. No real tragedies or drama, just cant seem to find enough hours in a day!
      Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

Sounds like you have really been busy Dale...good to hear you are working again. Times like these, it's good to have a job.
        Hawaiilad
        Larry

Comment

Sooooo nice to see a post from ya, miss your input around here. Now if only Evie and a few other "old timers" would chime in...........would be so sweeeet. Time does have a way of escaping. Be well.
          Gloria ............... Two memorable things to say in life, "Hello" for the first time, and "Good-bye" for the last.

Comment

Welcome back Dale. Good to hear from you. Congrats on the new job and grandson. Aren't grandkids great?
            Homer : "Oh, and how is education supposed to make me feel smarter. Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain."

Comment

Howdy Dale, good to hear from you again.
              Chuck D

When a work lifts your spirits and inspires bold and noble thoughts in you, do not look for any other standard to judge by: the work is good, the product of a master craftsman.
              Jean De La Bruyere...

l
              Hegner 18, Delta p-20, Griz 14 inch Band saw

Comment

Always glad to see 788 back in the fold.

Makes me happy to hear you are enjoying your job and a big congrats to the kids for giving you a little one to spoil.
                Jim
                When looking at the clock at work--the correct time is:
                Too early to leave, too late to call in.

Comment

Keeping way to busy, eh? Seems to be a habit for ya! Great hearing from you Lucky788.
                  ‎"Orphans are easier to ignore before you know their names. They're easier to ignore before you see their faces. It's easier to pretend they're not real before you hold them in your arms. But once you do, everything changes."

D. Platt

Comment

Welcome back to the site and Corp America.
                    Scott
                    Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Nice to hear from you Dale.....
                      Hey, better too busy than not enough.....
                      Jim

The limits of the imagination are imaginary.
                      No task is too tedious for Art.
                      Rock and Scroll

My Gallery

My Website
                      Featherwood Woodcrafts

Comment

Better to be too busy than not busy enough. Glad to see you took the time to post Dale!
                        -- Rick --

Comment

Geez Dale, I missed this post until after I posted in Betty's, but again welcome back. Congrats on the grandson, new job and all that. It's great to see a post from Barry as well, I've missed him too. Now a post from Evie would be really great, just like a family reunion.
                          Marsha
                          LIFE'S SHORT, USE IT WELL

Comment

Hi Marsha, I've missed you too!!! I will try to be on here more often (if for no other reason, just to harass Barry, or bug Betty!!).
                            Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

Originally posted by lucky788scroller View Post
                              Hi Marsha, I've missed you too!!! I will try to be on here more often (if for no other reason, just to harass Barry, or bug Betty!!).
                              Harass me? I'm barely here more than you and will use work, taking some college classes, and our adoption process as my excuses.......! I am glad all is well with you Dale, I was beginning to wonder if you pawned your saws.

It is good to stop in once in awhile and check in. I miss many of the folks here as well (Hi Marsha) and a "visit" by Evie would be grand.
                              ‎"Orphans are easier to ignore before you know their names. They're easier to ignore before you see their faces. It's easier to pretend they're not real before you hold them in your arms. But once you do, everything changes."

D. Platt

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Linda In Phoenix
                                Shrink wrap systems
                                by Linda In Phoenix
                                What do you use to shrink wrap, and what do you use it on? Lately in the puzzles section I've seen a couple of you mention shrink wrapping. I've considered such a leap. Even though the basics are all similar from manufacturer to manufacturer, it's still leaves some questions. Maybe others have...
                                Today, 11:51 AM
                              • Linda In Phoenix
                                Reply to Sundays market
                                by Linda In Phoenix
                                Brrrr. Glad you got to sell a little. I miss the people interaction. A lot. I hope you found some pretty pieces of wood at the store!
                                Today, 11:39 AM
                              • Linda In Phoenix
                                Reply to New tools
                                by Linda In Phoenix
                                New tools can definitely open up the scope of what we can do, or how well I'm on the band wagon. Congrats!
                                Today, 11:36 AM
                              • Linda In Phoenix
                                Reply to Interesting pallet
                                by Linda In Phoenix
                                At work (like 15 years ago) we got in some aluminum sheet on pallets 4'x12'. Those pallets were like brand new, without even any discoloring from the metals. I asked our sales rep, and he said I could keep one pallet. I removed all the 4' boards, which measured about 1/2" thick, 4" wide...
                                Today, 11:32 AM
                              • NC Scroller
                                Reply to Interesting pallet
                                by NC Scroller
                                I agree that needs to be saved for a special project. The wood is likely oak based on the grain pattern and the discoloration around the nail.
                                Today, 11:30 AM
                              Working...
                              X