X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gill
    replied
    Some ideas for very basic stools...

How about cutting identical slots 3/4" thick halfway down the length of two 3/4" panels, slotting them together, then scrolling another piece of board into a disc which you could use as the seat. If you cut some shapes out of the 'legs', the stool would look much less chunky.

If you've got a drill press, you could cut 4 pieces of 1" square timber to length for legs and join them with lengths of dowel. Then just cut the seat to whatever shape you want and screw it on top, preferably countersinking the screws.

If you don't have a drill press, you could use square cut timber for the 'spells', joining them to the legs with sliding dovetails.

Oh, the possibilities are endless.

And I bet you end up doing something completely different to any of these nutty suggestions!

Gill (who'll also have a look to see if she's got some 'proper' stool plans somewhere)

Leave a comment:

• wickens
    started a topic making a stool

making a stool

I may be over extending my skill as a new woodworker but I have decided I would like to make a stool. I was going to buy a stool so I would not have to stand while at my scroll saw but then realized how dumb it would be to buy a stool when I have a scroll saw and a band saw. I am looking for some easy instruction for a beginner. If any one has any information or a website with the information it would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
    Pat

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X