No announcement yet.

Has anyone ever made hardwood flooring?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone ever made hardwood flooring?

Hi Everyone, I am wondering if anyone has ever made their own hardwood flooring. I have oak, hickory, and maple wood 5/8 thick. I am looking for some information on milling it to lay a new floor in my dining room. I was thinking instead of tongue and groove that I could groove and spline it all. I am also thinking of an antique look of counter sinking screws and filling the holes. Any thoughts or information about milling this and installing would be of great help to me. Thanks in advance, Steve
    If This HillBilly Can't Fix it Then it Ain't Broke!!!
    My Gallery
    [email protected]

Hi Steviegwood, I haven't made it personally but I have a good friend who has.
    He kiln dries all his own lumber. Here is a link to his site http://www.tree2table.ca/ you can drop him an email and I am sure he can answer some of your questions.
    CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
    "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
    Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

Hardwood Floors

Hi Carl, thanks for the link. I dropped him an email and am waiting a reply. I will take any advice that I can get. I priced some flooring and I believe I can do my own a lot less expensive. By the way your friend does have a way with tables and benches doesn't he. Everyone should check that out. Thanks Again, Steve
      If This HillBilly Can't Fix it Then it Ain't Broke!!!
      My Gallery
      [email protected]

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
      X