I cant believe it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I cant believe it

I saw a commercial today and I still cant believe it. Some of you may remember the post about the guy who wont a lawsuit because he was injured using his table saw, even thought he failed to follow any safety precautions and removed safety devices. We'll now it sound like you can call this law office a file a calm if you have ever been injured using a table saw. Because the manufactures failed to install the saw stop device an there saws even though they knew it would or should or might stop injuries Well I'm not going to file a calm for be hurt on my table saw but I'm think about sue the state because I almost hit a Deer I was driving way to fast, with no headlight. The state knew there are there were deer and they cross the road in front of cars but they failed kill all of them off even thought they knew it would or might or should stop accidents. I guess we now can do any unsafe thing with our hand or power tools and then when we get hurt go after the people who made it.
    sigpic: Dan US Navy PR1 (Ret)
    To all who serve or have served, Thank you
    Well I am the worlds greatest scroller at my house.

Originally posted by Band Saw Box View Post
    I saw a commercial today and I still cant believe it. Some of you may remember the post about the guy who wont a lawsuit because he was injured using his table saw, even thought he failed to follow any safety precautions and removed safety devices. We'll now it sound like you can call this law office a file a calm if you have ever been injured using a table saw. Because the manufactures failed to install the saw stop device an there saws even though they knew it would or should or might stop injuries Well I'm not going to file a calm for be hurt on my table saw but I'm think about sue the state because I almost hit a Deer I was driving way to fast, with no headlight. The state knew there are there were deer and they cross the road in front of cars but they failed kill all of them off even thought they knew it would or might or should stop accidents. I guess we now can do any unsafe thing with our hand or power tools and then when we get hurt go after the people who made it.
    Yes the state should have known a deer would come out there at that particular spot and I'm sure they didn't have a deer warning sign there either.
    They should have put up a sign.

Comment

When is open season on those lawyers?
      Dan H

I would rather be friendly to a stranger than be a stranger to my friends.

Comment

Catlyn
        A sign is not good enough, after all there are safety warning all over tables saw and the manuals tell you what and what not to do. Any and all hazards from must be removed that might cause us to be harmed. All types of transportation must be removed from the roads, water or air because they can crash and cause injury. All hand and power tools must be recalled due to safety hazards known or unknown. Any thing that is know to cause any kind of injury must be recalled until safe guards can be found to stop them. We must live in a completely safe world were there is nothing that can harm us. Or we could do as we have been doing and know that thing can hurt us if we forget about or take short cuts with saftey.
        sigpic: Dan US Navy PR1 (Ret)
        To all who serve or have served, Thank you
        Well I am the worlds greatest scroller at my house.

Comment

This was an actual letter to the editor of our local paper. The name has been deleted to protect the foolish, I mean innocent!

A lot of deer get hit by cars west of Crown Point on U.S. 231. There are too many cars to have the deer crossing here. The deer crossing sign needs to be moved to a road with less traffic.

- XXXXXX, Crown Point
          Fred

There's a fine line between woodworking and insanity, I'm just not sure which side of the line I'm on!

Comment

Getting back to the saw for just a moment

Have you seen this...

SAWSTOP in TimeWarp - YouTube

Comment

Well, you just can't fix stupid.

Getting back to the deer....how do they train the deer to cross where the signs are?
              Don't worry about old age--It doesn't last that long

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Quartz43
                Reply to New tools
                by Quartz43
                I have an implanted spinal cord stimulator to help with back pain. They also have warnings about welding. I could not get one when I was working in an electric furnace steelmaking shop as the electrodes were over 1000 amps and volts. I have also decided to stay away from welding as I just do not...
                Today, 03:40 PM
              • hotshot
                Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                by hotshot
                You did a great job on that video. You speak and explain well!...
                Today, 02:27 PM
              • RJweb
                Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                by RJweb
                I am glad it is all working out for you, RJ...
                Today, 01:31 PM
              • Linda In Phoenix
                Shrink wrap systems
                by Linda In Phoenix
                What do you use to shrink wrap, and what do you use it on? Lately in the puzzles section I've seen a couple of you mention shrink wrapping. I've considered such a leap. Even though the basics are all similar from manufacturer to manufacturer, it's still leaves some questions. Maybe others have...
                Today, 11:51 AM
              • Linda In Phoenix
                Reply to Sundays market
                by Linda In Phoenix
                Brrrr. Glad you got to sell a little. I miss the people interaction. A lot. I hope you found some pretty pieces of wood at the store!
                Today, 11:39 AM
              Working...
              X