Van totaled, I limped away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Van totaled, I limped away

This just doesn't seem to be my time of year. I was coming back from Lowe's yesterday making a left onto the street by my house. Another car was coming from the other direction going straight. When I realized he going fast wasn't stopping at his red light it was too late. He hit my van dead center and spun it around. Airbag deployed and so did half of my van onto the street. Something dropped onto my legs and left them bruised and banged. My right knee started hurting today and I have a clear imprint of the seat belt from shoulder to side! Talk about hurt!!! Nothing broken, just bruised. Of course there were no witnesses to seeing the light green/red as they were going N-S and we were going W-E so it is a he said/she said. I told the insurance co that there's a redlight camera there as that intersection as it is run alot. I don't know if they can pull it or not. Anyway, as I'm laying in the hospital bed after a very uncomfortable ride in an ambulance - 2 in 2 months, this has to stop- Bruce comes into the room and gives me something. it's my guardian angel that I've had for 20 years and she rides in my car at all times. I asked where he found her and he said on the passengers seat!!! I guess the force of my car spinning tossed her over there. Anyway, I got her back and she'll go into my new car once I get it. She flies wherever I drive!!! The real bummer is I only owed $3,000 on my van and wasn't getting one until next summer!!
    Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Oh Betty, what an awful thing to happen! At least if something had to get totaled, it wasn't you--good thing you had your guardian angel with you.

I hope you mend quickly, and enjoy your new car, even it arrives a little earlier than expected.

Let's hope that this is it for bad stuff happening, and that the rest of this year (and the ones to come) are free from trauma and aggravation.

Glad you felt well enough to post--but I guess that's small consolation.

I know that s**t happens, but it still s***s!
    Carole

Follow me on my blog: www.scrollsawbowls.blogspot.com

Comment

I really hope that there is video of the light...

How soon will you be released from the hospital??
      Are you Ok???
      God bless, and I hope you're feeling better soon....
      Jim

The limits of the imagination are imaginary.
      No task is too tedious for Art.
      Rock and Scroll

My Gallery

My Website
      Featherwood Woodcrafts

Comment

So sorry to hear about your wreck Betty...I know it can take months until you are healed. Perhaps setting in front of your saw cutting away would be much safer.... The new year is just around the corner and lets hope it's much better for you!
        Hawaiilad
        Larry

Comment

Sorry to hear about your accident Betty. You can not be replaced the van can be. Get well remember thesaw is very theraputic. Get better soon.

DW
          Life is hard. It is even harder when you are being stupid.
          John Wayne

Comment

Darn,
            hate to hear that. Hope you get better soon.
            "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
            Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

**** the bad luck! At least you're not broke. Maybe you'll get a new van out of this. Don
              Don

Comment

Sorry to hear that. But at least you walked away from it. Let's hope you have a speedy recovery. Were you banged up terribly bad or is it just bruises? Hope you get better soon.

Dan

Comment

Thankfully YOU are OK that is what is important afterall.
                  If the police were involved and the cameras were working they will have the video.
                  Rolf
                  RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
                  Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
                  Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
                  And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

I was only in the hospital for 3 hours but that was long enough. They released me after xrays showed no chest injuries. He hit me so hard that I spun completely around and ended up one lane over from where I started to make the turn. I also remember the steering column being bent at an odd angle so maybe that's what hit my knee. I really don't care to drive that van again even if it is fixable. We were going to get a smaller car good on gas mileage, like the HHR, which I wouldn't have had a prayer in. Think I'll stick to my grand caravans.
                    Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Rats a**......I pray every day for the health and safety for my family, and friends. What happened, didn't he hear me yesterday? Wishing you a speedy recovery Betty. Hope you didn't have any baskets in the van.......
                      Last edited by ChuckD; 10-27-2011, 06:58 PM.
                      Gloria ............... Two memorable things to say in life, "Hello" for the first time, and "Good-bye" for the last.

Comment

Really glad you weren't in a puddle jumper. I drive a Land Rover for the safety of myself and the grandkids. I will pay the extra for gas to keep them safe.
                        Pacifism is great, as long as everyone is participating.

StephenD

The Southern Arizona Woodturners Association
                        Desert Woodcrafters
                        Grandpa for the 7 most amazing children.

Comment

Glad to hear you are out and about (and still with us)!

Got rear ended a year ago, and the damage was minor, it is a huge lifestyle challenge to be down a vehicle and have to deal with all the insurance crap.
                          Jim
                          When looking at the clock at work--the correct time is:
                          Too early to leave, too late to call in.

Comment

I'm sorry to hear about your accident and I hope you mend quickly.
                            www.wix.com/tangowooddesign/home-page

Comment

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
                              Terry
                              Got Moose?

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Quartz43
                                Reply to New tools
                                by Quartz43
                                I have an implanted spinal cord stimulator to help with back pain. They also have warnings about welding. I could not get one when I was working in an electric furnace steelmaking shop as the electrodes were over 1000 amps and volts. I have also decided to stay away from welding as I just do not...
                                Today, 03:40 PM
                              • hotshot
                                Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                                by hotshot
                                You did a great job on that video. You speak and explain well!...
                                Today, 02:27 PM
                              • RJweb
                                Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                                by RJweb
                                I am glad it is all working out for you, RJ...
                                Today, 01:31 PM
                              • Linda In Phoenix
                                Shrink wrap systems
                                by Linda In Phoenix
                                What do you use to shrink wrap, and what do you use it on? Lately in the puzzles section I've seen a couple of you mention shrink wrapping. I've considered such a leap. Even though the basics are all similar from manufacturer to manufacturer, it's still leaves some questions. Maybe others have...
                                Today, 11:51 AM
                              • Linda In Phoenix
                                Reply to Sundays market
                                by Linda In Phoenix
                                Brrrr. Glad you got to sell a little. I miss the people interaction. A lot. I hope you found some pretty pieces of wood at the store!
                                Today, 11:39 AM
                              Working...
                              X