baptism cross...need opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• baptism cross...need opinions

Here are two different patterns I am considering for making members of my church who have been baptized. Both would be cut at 8 1/2 X 11. The difficulty of cutting will be about the same for either one. I'm asking for opinions on the design itself.
    My wife is of the opinion that the larger one is too "curvy." I kinda like it. The other has more lettering but the cross is smaller, therefore the lettering is just a bit smaller. I think both have a lot of eye appeal.
    Please share your opinions and comments with me.

Bubba
    Attached Files
    "Live as though Christ died yesterday, arose this morning, and is coming back tomorrow."

By the way, I plan o dragging some purple through the ribbon to add a splash of color. Just sayin'.

Bubba
    "Live as though Christ died yesterday, arose this morning, and is coming back tomorrow."

Comment

I prefer the larger one as well, different reason though.

A name on the horizontal member of a cross just conjures up a wrong image for me. I don't think I would want that for a Baptism. Just my opinion.
      Homer : "Oh, and how is education supposed to make me feel smarter. Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain."

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Wilson View Post
        I prefer the larger one as well, different reason though.

A name on the horizontal member of a cross just conjures up a wrong image for me. I don't think I would want that for a Baptism. Just my opinion.
        Well Bill, baptism is understood to be an outward sign of our being crucified with Him. I see your point, though, and I can understand how that might not set well with some folks. Thanks for your opinion. It's always appreciated.

Bubba

Comment

Bubba, your crosses are always very nicely done and pretty. Either one would probably work but I prefer the larger one.
          David
          My grandbabies are what keep me going

Comment

Thanks David. I'm beginning to lean that way myself.

Bubba

Comment

Hi Bubba,
              I like the larger Cross. I like the way the name and the words are intertwined with the Cross. It is a reminder to me of how we are intertwined with Jesus by the Cross.
              Thanks for sharing.
              Mark
              Proud new owner of an EX-21

WWW.MGMWOODWORKS.COM

Comment

Mark, I had that in mind when I was incorporating the words in to the "fabric." Also I am going to paint the fabric purple since that is the color of royalty. Thanks for your comments. I know you like crosses. Maybe you can put this pattern to use one day.

Bubba

Comment

I agree with the general consensus. I like the larger one the one on the right. They are both nice.
                  "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
                  Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

I like the 'curvy' one but the 'death' thing on the bottom made me think it was for someone who died; not for a baptism. I'd loose the bottom writing.

John
                    I've Got A Lot More To Learn
                    About Leaving Battlegrounds Alone
                    "~~ Molly Venter

Comment

Originally posted by Powakee View Post
                      I like the 'curvy' one but the 'death' thing on the bottom made me think it was for someone who died; not for a baptism. I'd loose the bottom writing.

John
                      Actually John, the way I believe, baptism is for someone who died...to self...and is reborn in the image of Jesus. Buried in water as Jesus was buried, then raised to new life. The writing stays, but thank you so much for your thoughts.

Bubba

Comment

I never been a fan of words outside of projects. I like to see the words incorporated in the cross.
                        Kirk Thaemert
                        St Charles Mo
                        Scrollin' for fun

Comment

I like the one on the left...and it's because of the words, "Raised to Newness of Life".
                          Jim

The limits of the imagination are imaginary.
                          No task is too tedious for Art.
                          Rock and Scroll

My Gallery

My Website
                          Featherwood Woodcrafts

Comment

I'm with Jim, the first one works for me.
                            Doc249HMCS

Excalibur 21, and a Dremel 1680

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                            X