Made in the USA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Made in the USA

After watching a news cast of a contractor that built a house totally built from USA made products. And supplied a list ! I went to my shop and was totally surprised when I could not find 1 USA made product ! When lowes was asked if they would carry these products they said they would special order if need be ! Is'nt it a crying shame we have to special order items made in the USA !!!!
    My shop gets a E- ! What does yours get?
    I understand we have a wide veiwing base here. And I do not mean to offend any of you! I hope you all understand I am not speaking of you or your country. That is unless you are from CHINA!!

About the only tool in my shop that is American made is my Delta Unisaw table saw.
    Dan in So.Ca.

Comment

I think it is a crying shame what this once proud country is coming to be. We wonder why there are no jobs to be had and we have to dial 1 for English. I try to purchase clothes made in the USA, it is almosrt impossible. There is a big box store here in the midwest called Menards. They have a sale every so often of made in the USA products. That is when I shop there. I drive an American made car, Chevy. I imagine most of the electronic parts and probably a lot of other parts on it are made outside the USA. Enuf ranting, I could go on and on.
      Mick, - Delta P-20

A smile is a small curve that straightens everything out.

Comment

It sure is a sad thing, that we can't make our own products without charging an arm & a leg for them. Everyone has their own oppinion of why the costs are high for USA products, but, why can't we work at correcting the problem. I just saw an email that was sent to me about Detroit & it's population dropping a tremendous amount over the past few years & most of the population is made up of immigrants. They claim the city has fallen down, buildings empty & deserted for years. When we don't manufacture here, there is no need for the factories. So, where did all those tax dollars go. OUT OF THE USA. Yes, we could go on forever & I have rattled on too much. Maybe someday we will recover. Take Care
        PERK

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
          Reply to Shrink wrap systems
          by will8989
          None Linda. You need to find the right heat temp so it shrinks but doesn’t put a hole in the wrap but the tape doesn’t shrink or tear.
          Today, 12:20 AM
        • Linda In Phoenix
          by Linda In Phoenix
          What thickness of film seems to work the best for puzzles?
          The bags seem easier on the surface.
          But the film seems like it is more versatile on size variations.
          Yesterday, 03:24 PM
        • will8989
          Reply to Bruce, the one on probation
          by will8989
          Regulations are 150 square feet, this will be 144 square feet so we are good. He’s making it that size Since the sheets are 4’ wide. And the Shelves need to be 4” above my head!! It will be very specific.
          Yesterday, 10:32 AM
        • Sandy Oaks
          by Sandy Oaks
          As a framer, we have a shrinker wrapper at ArtCrafters. Very simple. Film on a roller, sealer attached, just roll off enough film, seal the film, insert object, seal other end and shrink with a heat gum. We also use Uline as a source. Not sure where our unit can from as it was with the shop when...
          Yesterday, 09:46 AM
        • NC Scroller
          Reply to Bruce, the one on probation
          by NC Scroller
          I would make the shed 1" less than the size permits are required for. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS TOO MUCH SPACE....
          Yesterday, 07:42 AM
        Working...
        X