Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rosmar

A very sad post . I hope nobody minds.

This is me and Rosmar on top of Malvern Beacon a few years ago.

In those days her muzzle was black and she could run through the hills all day. Time has passed and her muzzle has grayed. She slowed down a lot with arthritis too, but last night she still enjoyed her daily walk through the local woods. It was great having her with us and giving her a fuss, even if she could no longer chase the squirrels or run around the way she used to. After all, 15 years is ancient by Alsation standards.

This lunchtime I took her dog biscuit into the living room, one of her little treats. She was sleeping very soundly and wouldn't wake up, not even for her biscuit.

Bless you Rosmar. You've given me so much love and joy over the years that you'll always be with me, even now that you're not.

Gill
    There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.
    (Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Gill,
    You are definately in my thoughts! Rosmar was lucky to have you as a friend and companion.

Bob
    www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

Gill,
      My thoughts are with you, I too know the sadness one feels with the loss of a four legged friend

Grieve not,
      Nor speak of me with tears.
      But laugh and talk of me as if I were beside you.
      I loved you so -
      'twas Heaven here with you.
      Bill

DeWalt 788

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

God gives us only what we can handle.. Apparently God thinks I am one tough cookie.....

Comment

Oh Gill!!!

I am so sorry for your loss, I feel for you.
        I read your post, and... well

My Aïsha, a GSD, is somewhat in the same situation, she just turned 10 and also has some arthritis.

I happened to be looking at some pictures of her last night when she was 2 and now; the graying of the muzzle was what hit my wife and me the most when we saw them.

I have a big hug for you in my heart,
        May she rest in peace and run free with the spirits.

Your friend Marcel
        http://marleb.com
        DW788. -Have fun in the shop or it isn't a hobby anymore.

NOTE: No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

Gill,
          I'm sooo sorry to hear of your loss. I'm owned by a German Shephed and I do know the special bond that forms.

Kevin
          Kevin
          Scrollsaw Patterns Online
          Making holes in wood with an EX-30, Craftsman 16" VS, Dremel 1680 and 1671

Comment

Gill,

You definitely have my sympathy. I've been thru this too many times and it's tough. I have an idea that you had a very lucky dog to share her life with you. I'm sure she had a very kind master and comfortable home and that should hopefully console you some. She lived a very long life. I'll be thinking of you today.
            Mike

Making sawdust with a Dremel 1680.
            www.picturetrail.com/naturephotos

Comment

We are all sorry to hear of your loss Gill.
              You and yours are always in our thoughts, even more at a time like this.
              Rosmar was very lucky to have such a loving companion.

The ones we miss are always in our hearts and only a thought away.

Bless you both.

Carl
              CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
              "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
              Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

Gill

sorry to hear about you dog....
                I gave Fred an extra big hug this morning....

Trout
                Hawk G-4 Jetcraft
                Fish are food, not friends!

Comment

Really sorry to hear about your dog Gill. BTDT and even though it was 2 years ago, it still hurts.
                  Homer : "Oh, and how is education supposed to make me feel smarter. Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain."

Comment

Rosmar

Gill,
                    My thoughts are with you in this really crummy time. I keep thinking I will get old enough that I won't have this to go through again. Somehow, the everyday companionship and unfaltering acceptance of a pet makes it (at least for me) harder to bear than the death of many people.
                    As I'm writing this, I'm stroking the head of my 11-year old sheltie, Chaddie, and trying to ignore the greying muzzle, the slowed gait, and the slight but noticable loss of hearing. I look foreward to seeing all my best friends at the Rainbow Bridge.
                    Please give yourself a hug from me.
                    Sandy

Comment

My dearest Gill,
                      My heart is with you my dear. I to lost a very loving, caring friend. Her name was Sammy. I won't call her a dog, because she didn't know she was one. She thought she was just like the rest of the family. Which she was. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about her and I know that when my time comes to leave here, she will be there to greet me as will your beautiful Rosmar.

Linda aka Stickers

Comment

Gill,

I'm so very sorry.

My 3 dogs are my kids and I can only imagine what you must be feeling. My heart goes out to you.
                        Kelly
                        "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Comment

Gill,

I am so sorry for your loss. We lost our GSD (Ben - 14 1/2 years old) over 5 years ago, and not a day goes by when I don't still miss him.

Remember the good times that you had together, and console yourself that Rosmar's passing was gentle, and that she is at peace now.

My thoughts are with you and your husband at this sad time.

Gary
                          Gary

My saw - Axminster AWSF18

Comment

Gill,
                            As others, I am deeply saddened. I went through the same experience with our "pup" not too many years ago, and after 17 years with her by our sides we were deeply grieved. To have to struggle with this once is bad enough, but you've had to endure this twice in such a short period of time. I know you won't forget them. God bless.

Bruce
                            Bruce
                            . . . because each piece will be someone's heirloom someday.
                            visit sometime
                            Hawk 220VS, Delta 40-570

Comment

(((Gill))) My arms are around you, My thoughts are with you.
                              I am so sorry
                              Marsha
                              LIFE'S SHORT, USE IT WELL

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• cwmagee
                                Pegas Large Scrollsaw Table
                                by cwmagee
                                A couple of months ago I ordered the Large Pegas Scroll Saw Table for my EX21 from Denny which I received about a week later. I installed it immediately and made a few test cuts. Since then I have been busy with several Urban renewal projects around house as well putting the yard to bed for the winter....
                                Today, 07:28 PM
                              • Rolf
                                Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                                by Rolf
                                Back in the late 90's I bought a Incra 2000 Miter gauge. Incredibly precise. The problem was that it only adjusted in one direction, It rarely gets used. It locks in to half degrees. More recently I bought a Kreg fence which has a pin that precisely locates the frequently used angles.
                                That is...
                                Today, 08:15 AM
                              • Jimern
                                Reply to Farmers market "survey"
                                by Jimern
                                The crafters market here in Kerrville, TX is $25 per 10x10 spot per event. We sell 8 months out of the year, Jun/Jul is too hot, and Jan/Feb is too cold. No insurance requirement but we do have to show a sales tax permit and collect sales tax.

Personally I would never sell in a venue that...
                                Today, 06:29 AM
                              • will8989
                                Reply to Farmers market "survey"
                                by will8989
                                The one I do is under a pavilion on County Property, about 60 spaces. They run 4 “seasons”, spring 6 weeks, summer May - mid September, fall sept to Mid November, and holiday fare Mid November until end of year. Cost is $75 per season, per day as they are open Saturday and Sunday. If you are called...
                                Yesterday, 11:10 PM
                              • will8989
                                Reply to Farmers market
                                by will8989
                                Ours are run by the state Ag Dept. They have very strict rules as to masks and distancing. The Ag Dept does come and visit to make sure rules are being followed. We stand behind the table and use the tailgate for packaging. I have people place their credit card in the reader on my phone and remove...
                                Yesterday, 10:31 PM
                              Working...
                              X