Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pajaro
    replied
    I only have one question, WHY was it declined. Just because it is not popular. Art is art. I myself would love to see more Jewish themed scroll saw items and patterns.

Leave a comment:

• handibunny
    replied
    Thanks, Keith.

As far as I remember from my last contract, Fox Chapel has the right of first refusal for the next book I propose. Since this proposal was presented formally, and I received a formal turn-down letter, they have no claim on whatever I choose to do with the book or its project plans.

And, as say, when a door is closed, a window opens . . .

And I just took a nice long walk, on a beautiful sunny day. Just need a cup of coffee and I'm ready to move on.

Leave a comment:

• martzy
    replied
    Can you sell the patterns to another company or are you under contract with fox chapel? They are missing out on some good ideas. You did a nice job.

Keith

Leave a comment:

• handibunny
    replied
    Theresa, of course they are likely to do so, at the rate of one project per year for the holiday issue.

Leave a comment:

• Forester21
    replied
    I know how disappointing it is to get a rejection letter - I'm sorry it happened for you on this project.
    Will the magazine consider any individual projects?
    T

Leave a comment:

• handibunny
    started a topic It's a NO to Jewish-themed projects

It's a NO to Jewish-themed projects

Or, to put it in the words of the formal notification:

"I am writing to tell you that the product development team here opted to decline your proposal for a new product called Menorahs & More: Jewish-Themed Projects for the Scroll Saw.

Though we felt the projects were well-done and creative, as well as unique, we unfortunately have not seen satisfactory levels of interest in Jewish-themed scrolling projects. In our experience, projects in this area are not popular with our audience."

Thought you might like to see a sample what would have been in the booklet. I'm not sure where to go from here, and would welcome suggestions from those of you who have had experience with other publishers who might be more receptive to this concept, or who are more savvy about marketing than I am. Thanks.
    Attached Files

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X