Carp fishing social weekend in Italy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carp fishing social weekend in Italy

Another tale of adventure from an ex-pat Brit let loose in Italy!

These slides shows are getting to be a habit but I'm really pleased some of you members find them interesting because I'm slowly gathering a nice collection of memories which I'll be able to take back home with me and share with friends and family.

I'm not sure whether I'm turning into some sort of scrolling raconteur but its good fun putting these presentations together and reading the comments you guys make.

So, without more ado here's the latest episode of my adventures in Pizzalandia

Carp Fishing

Ciao!
    Last edited by jim_mex; 10-01-2011, 06:08 AM.
    Jim in Mexico

Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.
    - Albert Einstein

What a great time! Thank you for taking us along on the trip.
    T
    Theresa

http://WoodNGoods.weebly.com

http://woodngoods.blogspot.com

Comment

Sounds like a great weekend Jim..!!!

I was pretty impressed with Enzio's grill technique...Made my mouth water...........
      Jim

The limits of the imagination are imaginary.
      No task is too tedious for Art.
      Rock and Scroll

My Gallery

My Website
      Featherwood Woodcrafts

Comment

Thank you for an enjoying morning reading - and the pictures of beautiful and distracting fish ... Go for the angling next time, don't get hooked from your first time luck at the gaming table!
        Ivar ("treslakter" - read as "woodbutcher")

The advantage of a bad memory is that one enjoys several times the same good things for the first time. (Friedrich Nietzsche)

Comment

Jim, there is no doubt you are having a ball over there working.......I guess the playing is fun as well. Again, thanks for bringing us along on your fishing trip....only I don't see anything laying in my freezer from the trip....
          Hawaiilad
          Larry

Comment

Thanks folks for the comments - glad you shared my experience

@Jim - Ezio grills the cuts by the radiant heat of the flames and they take between 1 1/2 - 2 hrs to cook. He uses a home made marinade which includes oil, wine, rosemary and garlic and I can tell you that the cuts certainly turn out really succulent and taste excellent!

@Ivar - I'm pretty sure that i won't get hooked on cards. It's the grappa that's worrying me for my next trip! - LOL!

@Larry - the only thing laying in my freezer would be my dull throbbing head!!
            Jim in Mexico

- Albert Einstein

Comment

Well Jim, I guess you can't carp about your weekend being dull. Thanks for a wonderful trip.

george
              A day without sawdust is a day without sunshine.
              George

delta 650, hawk G426

Comment

Totally awesome weekend.Preciate the write up.I have had a few weekend fish/camp episodes in my time.
                Tony

Comment

"It's the grappa that's worrying me for my next trip!"-

I hope you know what it's made from? What goes into the still is fermented leftovers from the production of juice meant for wine, and it has a little higher content of methanol than you find in other brandies and the like. But quite a few are really nice - as long as you keep the volume low! (Choose the meaning you prefer - LOL)
                  Ivar ("treslakter" - read as "woodbutcher")

The advantage of a bad memory is that one enjoys several times the same good things for the first time. (Friedrich Nietzsche)

Comment

It is so much fun living vicariously through your narrative. That is a beautiful little lake and sounds like you had a wonderful weekend. It will cost you more to get home after you acquire all your camping and fishing gear not to mention your own distillery equipment. You will need a container to ship it all in. Your lovely wife will have to move into a larger home to accommodate you and your things.

I'm so happy for you that this opportunity came your way! Keep us posted and don't forget to make time for the saw. You have many new friends you can scroll some nice gifts for Christmas.
                    "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
                    Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Guess you know how to enjoy yourself, thanks for the trip. Keep em coming.
                      Gloria ............... Two memorable things to say in life, "Hello" for the first time, and "Good-bye" for the last.

Comment

great slide show jim,love the story,
                        looks like you are having a ball there in italy,
                        this carp fishing is very popular in england also,i somtimes feel these anglers take it too seriously,let us know how you get on ,next time you go ,
                        btw,saw a programme once showing how tripe is made,....not for me my friend......
                        not doing much
                        and busy doing it

having fun making sawdust.

http://www.customcutz4you.webs.com/

Comment

Thanks for sharing. Though it makes me jealous I really enjoy seeing and hearing how great an experience you're having!
                          Don

An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.
                          Benjamin Franklin

At twenty years of age the will reigns; at thirty, the wit; and at forty, the judgment.
                          Benjamin Franklin

A great empire, like a great cake, is most easily diminished at the edges.
                          Benjamin Franklin

www.dogwoodstudiosnh.com

Comment

Grappa??????? You might as well drink jet fuel. My grandfather made that stuff. Swore it was what kept him healthy. He passed away in his mid 60's from kidney failure. Consider yourself warned! Other than that, have a ball!

Jan

Comment

Morning folks - thanks again to all the latest responders for your comments and especially to Ivar and Jan for the tips about grappa.

Just to put things into perspective for those who might think from comments in my posts that I'm a confirmed alcoholic!

I like a social drink when the opportunity arises and when I feel in the mood but at the same time I can easily go for months on end without touching anything alcoholic and most of my alcoholic intake is at very moderate levels. I'll be the first to admit though that since arriving in Italy my consumption levels have risen mainly due to the fact that so many people have induced me to try a wide variety of local brews and fermentations. Trying new things, soaking up new cultures and meeting new folk are what I'm about these days and that in itself is worth raisng the odd glass or two to!

On a more light hearted note and getting back to Jan's comments about her grandfather. I guess that 30 or so years of grappa consumption is not the healthiest way to live your life, but hey Jan, everything is relative. If I were to start drinking grappa in my early sixties could this mean that I might live to be 90? Only joking amica!

Ok - its 6:45 am Sunday morning and I'm off out. A German ceramic engineer friend of mine and his wife drove south to visit me yesterday and after a really nice meal last night in a local restaurant we are off early today to take in the sights of Verona. The weather was absolutely gorgeous yesterday with blues skies and it was not too hot so I'm hopeful we will have a similar day today with a lot of walking to take in the city. Could be that a couple of beers will be needed to oil the walking joints!

Cheers!
                              Jim in Mexico

- Albert Einstein

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• NC Scroller
                                Reply to Shrink wrap systems
                                by NC Scroller
                                My process is a bit different. Since I am using heat shrink bags when you seal the open end you trap a lot of air in them. When you start to heat the bag to shrink it you create a large bubble. I continue to heat the bag until it does pop a hole. I have been doing this for years. The shrink wrap...
                                Today, 07:42 AM
                              • will8989
                                by will8989
                                None Linda. You need to find the right heat temp so it shrinks but doesn’t put a hole in the wrap but the tape doesn’t shrink or tear.
                                Today, 12:20 AM
                              • Linda In Phoenix
                                by Linda In Phoenix
                                What thickness of film seems to work the best for puzzles?
                                The bags seem easier on the surface.
                                But the film seems like it is more versatile on size variations.
                                Yesterday, 03:24 PM
                              • will8989
                                Reply to Bruce, the one on probation
                                by will8989
                                Regulations are 150 square feet, this will be 144 square feet so we are good. He’s making it that size Since the sheets are 4’ wide. And the Shelves need to be 4” above my head!! It will be very specific.
                                Yesterday, 10:32 AM
                              • Sandy Oaks
                                by Sandy Oaks
                                As a framer, we have a shrinker wrapper at ArtCrafters. Very simple. Film on a roller, sealer attached, just roll off enough film, seal the film, insert object, seal other end and shrink with a heat gum. We also use Uline as a source. Not sure where our unit can from as it was with the shop when...
                                Yesterday, 09:46 AM
                              Working...
                              X