Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Festival Markets

G'day all,
    Well, another Spring Festival done and dusted.
    It was a glorious day, Hughie really turned it on for us. Big crowds, lots of stalls and a lot of buyers
    Some pics of my set up and Lions Sausage sizzle trailer.
    Our Lions club made $1100 clear profit.
    I have to do some work on my display stands, but hopefully that can wait until after Xmas.
    enjoy.
    Attached Files
    Regards
    John
    "The Golden Mile"John Wayne
    Some of my Stuff
    Retired Medically Unfit Police Officers ***.

Sweeeeet pics JohnB, you've been busy as usual, and glad to see the smiley after "lots of buyers".........
    Gloria ............... Two memorable things to say in life, "Hello" for the first time, and "Good-bye" for the last.

Comment

Good going, Luv! Glad to hear it was a prosperous day and winter is officially over.

Jan

Comment

Good for you John. Nice looking display ideas.
        "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
        Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

John -- I'd love one of the sausages right now! Looks like a fantastic market. The vast array of items in your display amazes me. You are the master. The Lions did well!! How did you do, if I dare ask?
          Mtnman Jim

taking life as it comes and trying to make the best of it

Comment

Feels good to get a good show under your belt doesn't it John. Hope you make a lot of money..
            Hawaiilad
            Larry

Comment

I'm jealous. Not of your success but the fact you did a SPRING show while those of us above the equator are doing FALL shows. I see nothing but falling leaves, ice, and snow snow snow in my near future. I wish I could say this little hobby will make me millions and millions so I can be a global jet setter to avoid the cold and snow snow snow (except at Christmas).
              Keith

Comment

G'day all,
                Thanks heaps for the great compliments, I need them at the moment.
                It truly was a great day, especially considering that the gates opened to the public from 9.30am to 3.30pm. We had the absolute best markets we had ever had.
                Fingers where crossed real tight, after the dust storm we suffered on the Sunday before. Coolgardie Day was closed at about 11am and a lot of stall holders lost stock, canopies etc.
                I'm just glad that we decided to go to the Boulder Markets instead.

Now for those that need to know, we took $1900.00. If every market was like that I could retire in a few years, but than again I'd probably kill myself trying to keep up with stockface_dead.gif

Below are a couple of pics of our back patio after the dust storm.
                Attached Files
                Regards
                John
                Some of my Stuff

Comment

How did the trains sell? I think that is an ingenious idea.
                  Keith

Comment

Way to go, John! Didn't mean to pry -- but you do have a very impressive booth with a wide variety of inventory. Do I have time to book a ticket to your retirement party??

Looks like a bad dust storm! How long do your dust storms last? The ones here last from 1-2 hrs.
                    Mtnman Jim

taking life as it comes and trying to make the best of it

Comment

Congrats on the GREAT market and $ale$!!! It's always nice to hear of someone doing well at market/festival/shows! You have an amazing array of items for sale (and the jewelry looks gorgeous too)! Thanx for sharing the picts...I am trying to 're-build' my booth for easier handling/set-up...of course, on a budget! Have a month to come up with some brillant ideas - lol!

Sorry to hear about the dust storm...I do not envy the cleanup!
                      Once again CONGRATS and thanx for sharing!
                      ~ Kim

A day in my shop is like a day at the beach...full of sunshine and ya never know where the sawdust may end up!

www.gonecoastalart.com

Comment

Originally posted by martzy View Post
                        How did the trains sell? I think that is an ingenious idea.
                        Thanks Martzy, They sell like hot cakes. I can't keep up with them. I never new what I was doing when I introduced them lol

Originally posted by mtnman View Post
                        Way to go, John! Didn't mean to pry -- but you do have a very impressive booth with a wide variety of inventory. Do I have time to book a ticket to your retirement party??

Looks like a bad dust storm! How long do your dust storms last? The ones here last from 1-2 hrs.
                        Jim, No problems re the prying mate. If I never wished to tell you, I wouldn't.
                        Yep, get that ticket booked mate, It'll be a big shindig.
                        This storm was one of the worst we've had for a few years, I'd say it lasted just over the hour mark. Red dust everywhere.

Originally posted by lkbraa View Post
                        Congrats on the GREAT market and $ale$!!! It's always nice to hear of someone doing well at market/festival/shows! You have an amazing array of items for sale (and the jewelry looks gorgeous too)! Thanx for sharing the picts...I am trying to 're-build' my booth for easier handling/set-up...of course, on a budget! Have a month to come up with some brillant ideas - lol!

Sorry to hear about the dust storm...I do not envy the cleanup!
                        Once again CONGRATS and thanx for sharing!
                        Regards
                        John
                        Some of my Stuff

Comment

Congrats on a very successful show, John. That just has to feel really good!

Lou
                          www.woodbylouise.ca

Comment

When you come up with new ideas for your displays ...Please share with us. I need some new inspiration for displaying some of my things.
                            "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
                            Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Originally posted by wood-n-things View Post
                              When you come up with new ideas for your displays ...Please share with us. I need some new inspiration for displaying some of my things.
                              DITTO on the sharing!!! I am always open to ideas for displays! The tough part I have is the portability and stability!!! My booth always seems to get attacked by a woman and a wagon full of kids every year - lol! Not good for the merchandise!!!
                              ~ Kim

A day in my shop is like a day at the beach...full of sunshine and ya never know where the sawdust may end up!

www.gonecoastalart.com

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• jim_mex
                                Reply to New tools
                                by jim_mex
                                Hi Rhys - I did finally get the center stand for the bike a couple of weeks back after it was stuck in customs for almost a month. Still have to put it on. The paddock stand will help me do this - Lol!

Of course you are correct in that the center stand does a similar job but the advantage...
                                Yesterday, 11:14 PM
                              • Hobbyhorse
                                Reply to New tools
                                by Hobbyhorse
                                Did you ever get the centre stand for the bike? A paddock stand does the same thing finally, I guess.
                                Yesterday, 11:03 PM
                              • Hobbyhorse
                                Reply to Home remodeling completed !!!
                                by Hobbyhorse
                                Brilliant stuff Jim. Congratulations on the layout and the workmanship, but most of all enjoy it.
                                Yesterday, 10:58 PM
                              • KarlB
                                Reply to Home remodeling completed !!!
                                by KarlB
                                Very nice Jim. You have a very contemporary look now! Since I do cabinet, Entertainment centers, etc. for my work I see a lot of the same looks being done here in Naples. (i.e. large porcelain tiles, lighted dropped ceiling)

I do like your use of the space in the door way for additional...
                                Yesterday, 09:41 PM
                              • KarlB
                                Reply to Craft Knife blade holder
                                by KarlB
                                Well judging from the photos, it looks like it could be a scroll or band saw. (The photos, although a bit blurred, show a few burrs at the cut.) It also appears the set screw may go into the other side of the cut as the hole on the blade would allow the pass through. Maybe, however it is just a pressure...
                                Yesterday, 09:31 PM
                              Working...
                              X