Back to making saw dust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back to making saw dust

I had my stitches out this morning after my run in with a doggie who took a fancy to my hand. Still a lot of swelling but not so painful unless I knock it so I may try and make some saw dust this afternoon. May have a go at Jim Sawyers inlay challenge to ease me back into the groove.
    Mick
    I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. Winston Churchill

Take it easy Mick! - no sense forcing things just to inflate Jim's ego ! As for inflating mine - well I'm already floating in the clouds most of the time.

I suppose Wendy has already give you the ' if you go in that shop and something happens don't come moaning to me routine' so on this occasion I'll keep my comments to myself. Just go steady eh!
    Jim in Mexico

Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.
    - Albert Einstein

Comment

Glad to hear you are on the mend. Don't over do it. Jim's project is pretty straight forward. Give it a go.
      "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
      Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Well I had a go in the shop but things didn't work out so good. I just couldn't cut to the line at all because my fingers are still swollen and clumsy. The good thing was that I didn't experience any real pain. Guess I'll leave it a couple of days and try again.
        Jim you got Wendy down to tee. When I told her I couldn't get anything cut yet she said " I told you didn't I, but do ya listen to me? Never. Now you'll have your tail between your legs and be sulky the whole weekend"
        Mick
        I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. Winston Churchill

Comment

I sort of know how you feel I tried to do a cutting this morning and my thumb seems to hit everything in sight. I had to give up, I think there must be a bulls eye on it or something. zassperatin....grin
          "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
          Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Don't feel too down Mick. I remember when I had my toe operated on a couple of years ago, I could do much in the shop for a few days, I was told to keep it elevated. There's only so much TV a guy can stand...lol. And every time I tried to push it and go sit at my saw, after about 5 minutes, I realized that the Doc was right, (throb, boom, bam), right back to the couch...
            Take your time, do what the doc says, and get well soon........

And Mike you're right about the bullseye theory. No matter where I hurt myself, THAT'S where I get bumped..... weird....
            Jim

The limits of the imagination are imaginary.
            No task is too tedious for Art.
            Rock and Scroll

My Gallery

My Website
            Featherwood Woodcrafts

Comment

Mick, your Wendy sounds just like my Janet. I am waiting to have a shoulder operated on, and everynight I come in from the shop saying how much my shoulder hurts...she just says "stay out out of the shop" Like that would work. Hope you feel better soon Mate
              Hawaiilad
              Larry

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X