Should be in the shop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should be in the shop

I really should be in the shop but couldn't help but go dove hunting in the woods I try to get down there some times but seems like when i'm heading down there is somthing that ALWAYS comes up! Yall every have that? Man, today i needed to go to the shop and make somone somthing they ask for, but now days my life is filled to the fullest!
    Nathan May Auburn AL
    Nathan May

I have a similar issue. So much to do (OK, so much you want to do) you don't know where to start.
    Scott
    Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Patrick McMantus wrote about that once. He called them sequences. Like when you are headed to the shop and remember you locked the door and the key is in the kitchen cabinet hanging on the inside of the door. You open the cabinet and the handle falls off so you get a screw driver from the drawer to put the screw back in the handle and notice a bill laying on the dining room table that neeeeeds to be put in the mail box. On the way to the mail box you etc. etc. sequences.
      Sometimes when you need to get one thing done, so many other things get in the way.
      Pacifism is great, as long as everyone is participating.

StephenD

The Southern Arizona Woodturners Association
      Desert Woodcrafters
      Grandpa for the 7 most amazing children.

Comment

This is all so true. Sometimes I think if I lived inside the shop I still would not find the needed time to make something..... Guys, why is it that we can only do and think one thing at a time, but women can balance a dozen things at a time and keep track of each and every one?
        Hawaiilad
        Larry

Comment

I wander around like that little kid in the comic strip circus circus. I have even been known to leave a dotted line.....Patrick Mcmanus is my favorite author and I have all of his books and 2 of them are signed. I met him in a book signing in Wenatchee Washington several years ago.
          "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
          Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

We have most of Patrick's books too! Laugh out load reading.
            T
            Theresa

http://WoodNGoods.weebly.com

http://woodngoods.blogspot.com

Comment

It isn't pc to say so but men and women DO think differently.
              One speaker I heard recently said that men have boxes in their heads and each one is a specific subject and NONE of them touch any of the others. We can only look in one box at at time.
              The ladies on the other hand have every box connected to allll the others so they can multi think.
              sounds about right.
              Pacifism is great, as long as everyone is participating.

StephenD

The Southern Arizona Woodturners Association
              Desert Woodcrafters
              Grandpa for the 7 most amazing children.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X