Blower needed help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blower needed help

While cutting more of the Compound cut bird houses this afternoon the blower on the saw was not blowing the sawdust off the pattern enough to see it real good, so I started blowing the dust away...and then it happened....my upper false teeth plate **** near fell out............... I guess I better have a look at the blower on the saw tomorrow.... And NO, I did not take pictures of that!! Any of you had that problem?
    Last edited by Hawaiilad; 09-21-2011, 12:45 AM.
    Hawaiilad
    Larry

Can't say that I have Larry!
    T
    Theresa

http://WoodNGoods.weebly.com

http://woodngoods.blogspot.com

Comment

No snide comments from me Larry, but I found that a small secondary fan set off to the side really helps blow away dust.

george
      A day without sawdust is a day without sunshine.
      George

delta 650, hawk G426

Comment

Hi Larry

Here in the UK we have a great product called 'Fixodent' its no good for gluing wood
        but it sure keeps the teeth out of the sawdust

Comment

Hehehehe Larry! - I guess you could say if the plate had really flown out then you would suck!!!

Fortunately this is one experience I'm not liable to suffer from at the moment although I can share one amusing tale.

I was working in Ethiopia about 15 years back in a one horse town - and the horse was starved and had three legs! - when during a meal a full crown of an upper canine tooth dropped out. No dentist in the town that did repair work - he only did extractions - so a German engineer friend suggested I use super glue! After several mock runs in front of a mirror I went for it. The crown stayed put for 8 months till I went back home. The tip of my thumb was glued to the crown for 5 mins until I used a scalpel to pare away the stuck skin - LOL!. Memories are made of crazy incidences like this...

Hope you get the blower sorted pal!
          Last edited by jim_mex; 09-21-2011, 08:16 AM.
          Jim in Mexico

Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.
          - Albert Einstein

Comment

I've never had that problem.

However my most embarrassing moment..Naw not gonna tell ya....LOL
            "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
            Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

When I need more dust clearance from the blower on my saw, I use a plastic drinking straw. Seems to use less air than just mouth blowing and my teeth stay in.
              Political correctness is always political and rarely correct!

Comment

You know, I do use a fan next to the saw and at most times it works. Yea I use the fixodent as well, but for some reason last evening, it didn't work like it should. I set there laughing so much I nearly messed up the cut.

Come on Mike, If I can tell on myself, you can as well.....
                Hawaiilad
                Larry

Comment

Originally posted by Hawaiilad View Post
                  You know, I do use a fan next to the saw and at most times it works. Yea I use the fixodent as well, but for some reason last evening, it didn't work like it should. I set there laughing so much I nearly messed up the cut.

Come on Mike, If I can tell on myself, you can as well.....
                  Yea if you think that's funny wait 'till you pull the pointy end of a piece of pizza out quick because it's hot and the upper and lowers are hangin' on the point.
                  That was Grammy 'Dougal 40 years ago. We used to get her laughing and make her pee. It backfired that night, she got payback on all of us. Miss ya Gram.

She would have 3 perch in the bucket before you could tie off the anchor.
                  Last edited by oily; 09-21-2011, 06:55 PM.
                  May the wind at you back .....
                  Not be from Lunch.

Don't take life too seriously; No one gets out alive.

Beauty is in the eye of the BEERHOLDER

Visit My Gallery

Oily's Gallery

http://www.picturetrail.com/oily11

Comment

Oh the Wonderful memories we have of our Grandparents....at least I do. "Larry Eugene" she would yell, don't slam that screen door on your way out................yes of course I did. Went back home when she passed away many years ago and Yep, I slamed the door one more time. She taught me how to sew, snap beans, wash clothes and so many things
                    Hawaiilad
                    Larry

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X