Don't get involved in other peoples fights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't get involved in other peoples fights

I'm feeling a bit sore after trying to split up a fight. The fight was between my Jack Russell ( who thinks she's a German Sheppard) and a Weimaraner. They were both on leashes and I think that was the problem because normally they are ok with each other when they are running free. Anyway dipstick me tried to split 'em up by putting my hand in the mix. Result, 6 stitches, a very swollen and sore left hand and a 7 day course of antibiotics. My hand is heavily dressed but there is blood seeping through so I may have to go back to A & E later. I didn't realise how powerful a Weimaraner's jaws were. Anyway the dogs are best of friends again and not a mark on either of them. Worst thing is the dressing stays on for several days so I have to keep out of the workshop. Good job I'm up to date with my Tetanus shots.
    Mick
    I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. Winston Churchill

Oh Mick - that's scary! Take care of yourself.
    DeWalt 788

Comment

My rule of thumb: if I am going to get involved in a dogfight - I always come 'armed' with a water hose . . . . . turned on full force!

That said, we're all saying a prayer for your speedy recovery.

John
      I've Got A Lot More To Learn
      About Leaving Battlegrounds Alone
      "~~ Molly Venter

Comment

Sorry Mick - but I'm killing myself laughing here when I really should be consolatory!

It's been a long, long time since I've seen the polite form of dipsh*t used and I have to agree with your choice of words mate. I can't ever imagine a Jack Russel letting go of anything if it didn't want to and since Weimaraner's were originally used to hunt and bring down big game I would imagine they don't give in easily. What the heck were you thinking about to dive in and try to split them. I think you best get Wendy to book you in for a senility check up!

Well I hope the experience will teach you a lesson for future tangles!
        Cure quick and well and for leaving me in stitches too!
        Jim in Mexico

Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.
        - Albert Einstein

Comment

And again Mick - I just got back from a shopping trip to the local super and I spotted something on the shelf which I'm sure would ease the pain - especially mixed with those antibiotics. Knowing your liking for a nice whisky and an occasional beer how about this brew.

Adelscott Malt Whisky Flavoured Beer!!!

Now you may well have seen something like this before but for me it was a first so I just had to grab a 3 pack. By what seemed to be a weird coincidence, on the shelf next to it they were selling Mexican Corona beer at a slightly higher price - a beer i don't particularly like. I stuck a bottle of this Adelscott in the freezer for 10 mins to give it a chill and it really does taste nice. So, cheers mate have a virtual drink on me!

Btw - reading the small print I was also surprised to see that this stuff is brewed in France of all places.

Jim in Mexico

Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.
          - Albert Einstein

Comment

Geeeezzz Mick, good thing dogs don't carry guns, sorry for your injury, are these dogs yours?
            If they are, I guess you are not the one who feeds them.
            Get well soon, shop is waiting.
            Gloria ............... Two memorable things to say in life, "Hello" for the first time, and "Good-bye" for the last.

Comment

Get well soon Mick
              Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Comment

Thanks for the words of sympathy guys ( I think- Lol ) Have a laugh on me Jim, it was a dumb thing to do I know but it was the super hero side of me that kicked in. Wendy had a little titter when I got back from the hospital and was trying to unzip my coat. I was like a 2 year old. Thanks for the virtual drink mate, the Docs never said anything about not drinking, so seeing as how my daughter brought a bottle of Famouse Grouse around as a get well soon gift it would be rude not to try one later. The hand is quite swollen and is giving me a bit of pain at the moment but that's to be expected I suppose.
                WD the Jack Russell is mine but the dog that bit me isn't but I have no hard feelings towards it. Gotta go now cos' Wendy and me are taking the dogs for there evening walk. I'm keeping my hands well out the way this time.
                Mick
                I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. Winston Churchill

Comment

What is it with you Englishmen and biting dogs?! Reminds me of the Jacques Clouseau movie (Peter Sellers the funniest man ever) where he asks a man if his nearby dog bites.

Comment

You have to show 'em who's the boss Frenchy -Lol. As Clouseau may have said " better to get bitten with a dog than a Minkey"
                    Mick

Comment

Mick I know what you are going through right now. I had the same thing happen to me a few months ago. Everything I go to see the VA Doctor, they still talk about the "Dog Bite".
                      Right at the heal of the left hand....seemed to take forever to heal. Of course I didn't keep it wrapped up like I was told and it got worse. Good luck in your healing process.
                      Hawaiilad
                      Larry

Comment

Mick, my sympathies mate.
                        I got gnawed on by a dog quite a few years ago.
                        The tenants in our Perth house at the time had two dogs, and old one and a puppy. I was patting the old bloke when the puppy bit him on the behind, he obviously thought it was me, because he took a hunk out of my hand.
                        Dad was with me at the time and the old bugger couldn't stop laughing. He wasn't sure what was funnier, the look on the tenants face or me getting bitten
                        Regards
                        John
                        "The Golden Mile"John Wayne
                        Some of my Stuff
                        Retired Medically Unfit Police Officers ***.

Comment

Nice dad you have, John

Larry

Comment

Hawaiilad Larry, I'm going to do as I'm told because I have so many Christmas orders I don't want the healing process to put me behind. At the moment I can't even touch it without wincing. One of the dogs teeth went right through to the palm of my hand. I'll find out if there is any nerve damage when the dressing comes off.
                            JohnB John I reckon Wendy has the same sense of humour as your dad. She keeps saying "I hope that poor dog is OK and hasn't gone down with E-Coli". Nice how your nearest and dearest sympathise with you eh - Lol
                            Mick

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
                              Reply to Bruce, the one on probation
                              by will8989
                              Regulations are 150 square feet, this will be 144 square feet so we are good. He’s making it that size Since the sheets are 4’ wide. And the Shelves need to be 4” above my head!! It will be very specific.
                              Today, 10:32 AM
                            • Sandy Oaks
                              Reply to Shrink wrap systems
                              by Sandy Oaks
                              As a framer, we have a shrinker wrapper at ArtCrafters. Very simple. Film on a roller, sealer attached, just roll off enough film, seal the film, insert object, seal other end and shrink with a heat gum. We also use Uline as a source. Not sure where our unit can from as it was with the shop when...
                              Today, 09:46 AM
                            • NC Scroller
                              Reply to Bruce, the one on probation
                              by NC Scroller
                              I would make the shed 1" less than the size permits are required for. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS TOO MUCH SPACE....
                              Today, 07:42 AM
                            • NC Scroller
                              by NC Scroller
                              I shrink wrap all my puzzles. It is the best method I have found. I do not use a cardboard backer as some do. I use shrink wrap bags that I get from Amazon or Ebay. 8" x 12" will fit 95% of the puzzles I make.

To use the bags you will need a sealer. I have one very similar...
                              Today, 07:39 AM
                            • Linda In Phoenix
                              by Linda In Phoenix
                              I checked out www.ULine.com We used them years ago at the company I used to work at, and they were really reputable to work with. They have machines, guns, bags, and film. I just don't really know what works best, as well as if there is a really great priced to buy from. To date I've been a frugal...
                              Yesterday, 10:01 PM
                            Working...
                            X