No announcement yet.

Stitches out - did you hear the scream?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stitches out - did you hear the scream?

Most of it was pinching when she pulled the stitch out. But there was one stitch that must have been around or through a nerve. OMG! That hurt worse than when they gave me the needles to numb my fingers before stitching. I could feel it through my nail bed down my wrist. It took 6 tries to get it out. I had tears, sweats, the whole works. That may have hurt worse than when I cut my fingers!!!! Anyway, now onto wound care and therapy to get range of motion back. Of course, I have been doing some limited cutting but not tonight!!! Drugs sound good to me!!!
    Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Glad to hear you are on the mend. Sorry the fun was not to be had removing those sutures.
    "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
    Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Stitches? They used super glue on me.
      FD Mike
      SD Mike

Comment

So sorry, Betty. It sounds pretty awful. Hope the rest of your recovery is uneventful and your fingers get moving like they did "before".
        Carole

Follow me on my blog: www.scrollsawbowls.blogspot.com

Comment

Wow, sorry about the stitches (next time ask for the drugs first) hee hee
          Ron

Comment

Glad to hear that you are healing up. I have removed all the sitches I have ever had myself. But then I have never had "deep" stiches. I always made sure that they were clean (no dried blood on them) and a day or so before removing I would moisten them up with aloe. that way they would not stick when they were being removed.
            CHRIS

http://www.members.cox.net/messman123/messman.htm

Comment

Oh Betty - that sounds ugly!
              DeWalt 788

Comment

I'm with you Betty all the way - had the same problem with one deep stitch snagging on the finger nail base and boy did I produce a biligual stream of bad language whilst the nurse was laughing and saying - 'only this one left!'

Hope the recuperation is swift and without pain and you are soon back to full mobility.
                Take care
                Jim in Mexico

Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.
                - Albert Einstein

Comment

Hope you are on a fast heal path now Betty....I know that must have hurt...so you are back in the shop so soon?
                  Hawaiilad
                  Larry

Comment

Glad to hear you are making progress. PT can really hurt too. Been then. The more you follow your PT plan the faster you will be 100%.
                    Scott
                    Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

I hope things are feeling better today Betty! And that the therapy works quickly so you are back cutting like normal soon.
                      T
                      Theresa

http://WoodNGoods.weebly.com

http://woodngoods.blogspot.com

Comment

Geeezzzz Betty I would have passed out.........I'm weak in the knees right now just reading about your dilemma. Hope you heal real fast, get the therapy over with quickly, and back to the shop soon.
                        Gloria ............... Two memorable things to say in life, "Hello" for the first time, and "Good-bye" for the last.

Comment

WOW, Betty, been there, done that. Not stiches, but, lots of pain. Anyway, that was a whole different story, that I went through. I certainly hope it goes much better from now on. I agree with Scott, do make sure you do all the theropy that they prescribe, because it means a lot about your full recovery of finger use. You have to exercise even if it hurts, sorry to say that word. Bless you & get better.
                          PERK

Comment

Betty, glad to hear that you are on the mend. Don't want to scare you but when I first started the PT it hurt worse than actually cutting my fingers on the TS. And it was not even the fingers that were cut because they had no feeling at all. Hope you get 100% back. Prayers are on the way. Steve
                            If This HillBilly Can't Fix it Then it Ain't Broke!!!
                            My Gallery
                            [email protected]

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Linda In Phoenix
                              Reply to Shrink wrap systems
                              by Linda In Phoenix
                              I checked out www.ULine.com We used them years ago at the company I used to work at, and they were really reputable to work with. They have machines, guns, bags, and film. I just don't really know what works best, as well as if there is a really great priced to buy from. To date I've been a frugal...
                              Today, 10:01 PM
                            • will8989
                              Reply to Dog Puzzle - Aussie
                              by will8989
                              Will check out amazon tomorrow. Thanks.
                              Today, 09:53 PM
                            • will8989
                              Reply to Shrink wrap systems
                              by will8989
                              Well, I used to get my shrink wrap rolls from AC Moore, and just used the last roll😟. I use a heat gun but lately and only shrink the Sealife puzzles to keep the pieces in place. I only use it on puzzles because of my display board otherwise I would have broken pieces all over the place. Also easier...
                              Today, 09:49 PM
                            • will8989
                              Reply to Bruce, the one on probation
                              by will8989
                              He’s gotten me through some pretty tough times and always has my back so It’s the least I can do. Good thing I had the freezer stocked! That has been a time saver. I made a pot of chili on Sunday and got 6 meals out of it! As for payback, I’m getting a new shed in the spring! I had to do my flap...
                              Today, 09:32 PM
                            • will8989
                              Reply to Sundays market
                              by will8989
                              We did. I only went $40 over budget. I got a 73” x 12” x 3/4” curly cherry for $55. Just needs to be run through the sander and cut to size. It’s a pinkish cherry and is so pretty. A piece of deep red redwood, 2 pieces of walnut each about 12” wide. Good haul.
                              Today, 08:56 PM
                            Working...
                            X