Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 Secret Santa Official Thread

I will be the host of Secret Santa

This is my first time doing it, so I hope all goes well! If there are any questions/ please shoot me a PM.

Reading through the past couple of year's thread, it looks like everyone who participated really had a great time. I am really looking forward to this and being part of sharing the holiday spirit with other Forum members, I'm striving for a large turn out I'm hoping all of you will help me to reach that goal.

The Secret Santa will work similar to last year. Since everyone enjoyed it, it seemed reasonable to keep things the same. So here's the scoop:

If you wish to participate, simply send me an email. Make sure you include the following:

Full name
    Board "nickname"
    Mailing address

My Email address is: [email protected]

What to make:

You can make whatever you want to share. Many people will post pics of gifts sent/received to the Forum, so try to keep at least a significant portion of the gift cut from a scrollsaw, I guess.

Cost Limit:

The only rule is that you spend no more than $20.00 on materials for the project. The project might be something you made in an hour or something you worked on for much longer. As we all know, the real point is the giving, so just send something which you think will bring some cheer.

Some people will get gifts more involved than the ones they sent, but that is inevitable and is okay. Nobody should feel guilt either way. Just make something nice and have fun! The $20 limit just helps to keep things close.

* I will also do the selection so that the person you are buying for is not necessarily the person you will receive from.

Selection of Secret Santas:

After registrations are all in, I will have a random drawing to assign Secret Santas, so that each person gives one gift to one other person and receives one gift as well.

After selections are made, I will PM each participant to arrange the exchange.

Mailing your Gift:

I will supply you with the address you need. You may mail your gift any time after it is made, and the recipient may open it, or save it for the Holidays, if they wish.

Posting of Pictures:

To coin a phrase commonly used in the 'off Topic' forum, "We love pictures!" Please feel free to post pictures in this thread of the gift you received and, if known, maybe who made it for you.

Deadline Dates:

Regular Registration Deadline: November 14th, 2011

After this deadline, I will hold the random drawing and send everyone their matches.

Late Registration Deadline: December 4, 2011

Get your saws Going!!!
    Have fun
    Last edited by daveswoodworking; 09-17-2011, 03:49 PM.
    Dewalt 788

Dave - thanks for volunteering to host this year's Secret Santa exchange. I'll PM you later with my information. I've participated for the last 2 years and it was fun!!
    DeWalt 788

Comment

This is very exciting to hear I hope this year's Secret Santa event would also be a blast, and more people will participate, after all, the more the merrier right! I am looking forward to celebrate the Christmas season with my closest friends here as well so i hope to see you all soon! Thanks for volunteering to host, I wish all the best and success for this year's event!

Comment

Hello everyone
        we need more people to join the secret Santa
        all we have is 5 people so far the died line is nov.14
        I would like have few more people please
        thank you all
        Dewalt 788

Comment

don't miss out it's alot of fun come and join us
          Tricia

Comment

Two weeks left before the deadline
            come join the secret Santa family.
            more the merrier
            Dewalt 788

Comment

Come on guys, Lets have a great turn out! I'm making something very special, It just might go to you!
              Dan in So.Ca.

Comment

Just sent my info in. Can't wait. These are great to participate in.

Thanks
                Joey

Comment

There three more days left before the deadline
                  thank you to the ones that join so far this year
                  Dewalt 788

Comment

First time participating in this exchange. Can't wait!!
                    Lois

Comment

I'm hoping everbody is working on their secret Santa gifts I'll be sending out the list with in the week wishing everybody a happy thanksgiving
                      Dewalt 788

Comment

everybody should have their secret santa partners the fun begins
                        Dewalt 788

Comment

Got mine! This is going to be fun!
                          Dan in So.Ca.

Comment

I got mine too. Thanks Dave for all your hard work.
                            DeWalt 788

Comment

Got mine Dave, now I can get to work with the chainsaw and axe..
                              Chuck D

When a work lifts your spirits and inspires bold and noble thoughts in you, do not look for any other standard to judge by: the work is good, the product of a master craftsman.
                              Jean De La Bruyere...

l
                              Hegner 18, Delta p-20, Griz 14 inch Band saw

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• NC Scroller
                                Reply to Shrink wrap systems
                                by NC Scroller
                                My process is a bit different. Since I am using heat shrink bags when you seal the open end you trap a lot of air in them. When you start to heat the bag to shrink it you create a large bubble. I continue to heat the bag until it does pop a hole. I have been doing this for years. The shrink wrap...
                                Today, 07:42 AM
                              • will8989
                                by will8989
                                None Linda. You need to find the right heat temp so it shrinks but doesn’t put a hole in the wrap but the tape doesn’t shrink or tear.
                                Today, 12:20 AM
                              • Linda In Phoenix
                                by Linda In Phoenix
                                What thickness of film seems to work the best for puzzles?
                                The bags seem easier on the surface.
                                But the film seems like it is more versatile on size variations.
                                Yesterday, 03:24 PM
                              • will8989
                                Reply to Bruce, the one on probation
                                by will8989
                                Regulations are 150 square feet, this will be 144 square feet so we are good. He’s making it that size Since the sheets are 4’ wide. And the Shelves need to be 4” above my head!! It will be very specific.
                                Yesterday, 10:32 AM
                              • Sandy Oaks
                                by Sandy Oaks
                                As a framer, we have a shrinker wrapper at ArtCrafters. Very simple. Film on a roller, sealer attached, just roll off enough film, seal the film, insert object, seal other end and shrink with a heat gum. We also use Uline as a source. Not sure where our unit can from as it was with the shop when...
                                Yesterday, 09:46 AM
                              Working...
                              X