New Used Saw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Used Saw

Well after much looking I have finally found a new table saw after I burnt my direct drive up. I found an older Model Craftsman table taw. The guy was asking $125.00 and I managed to talk him down to $80.00. I have no idea what the saw is actually worth but it does not need too much done to it. I will need to clean the top real good and find some new wings for it (when time and $$'s allow) at they are slightly bent. But it runs good. I would like a better fence system for it but all in due time I guess. If you have an idea what the saw is actually worth please feel free to let me know, I feel like I got a decent deal but would like to verify it. I have enclosed a couple of pictures. Now maybe I will be able to get back to working some wood.
    Attached Files
    CHRIS

http://www.members.cox.net/messman123/messman.htm

Hey Chris, I don't know what it is worth, but I traded my old Sears table saw like yours only with cast iron wings for 1/2 a cord of fire wood!
    Dan in So.Ca.

Comment

Originally posted by dgman View Post
      Hey Chris, I don't know what it is worth, but I traded my old Sears table saw like yours only with cast iron wings for 1/2 a cord of fire wood!
      What's a half cord of firewood worth in Cali??
      Retired..... Most days!!
      PhD in grandkid spoiling
      Taking it as easy as I can in the Piedmont section of North Carolina

Comment

The only good table saw is a dead one as far as I'm concerned!!!!
        Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

In NM a half cord of wood sells between $80 and $125.00. Sounds like you made a square deal.
          John
          I've Got A Lot More To Learn
          About Leaving Battlegrounds Alone
          "~~ Molly Venter

Comment

Originally posted by will8989 View Post
            The only good table saw is a dead one as far as I'm concerned!!!!
            Betty I understand why you feel that way after what has happened. I hope you recover soon.
            CHRIS

Comment

I think I got a good deal as well. I was going to go out and do some of the little work on the saw that it needs but my back is killing me after I fought with it, getting it to and into my little shop.
              CHRIS

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• NC Scroller
                Reply to Dog Puzzle - Aussie
                by NC Scroller
                I have made a number of those Harvey puzzles. They are a lot of fun. You really need to be patient and let the blade cut. Even the slightest pressure can ruin your puzzle piece fit. My go to is a Pegas #3 MGT....
                Today, 11:24 AM
              • NC Scroller
                Reply to Big week here
                by NC Scroller
                Congrats on your pending retirement and gaining a new daughter. I have been retired close to 6 years now and I have no idea where the time went. Yes retirement will mean some adjustment but I can tell you it is the best job I have ever had. By the way. If you think retirement means unlimited shop...
                Today, 11:18 AM
              • jim_mex
                Reply to Home remodeling completed !!!
                by jim_mex
                Thanks to all for the kind comments.

Norma and I are still growing into our 'new' home but are really happy that we got this work done and everyone who has seen the transformation have been wowed.

From my side I'm really pleased with how my kitchen extension idea worked out....
                Today, 09:17 AM
              • jim_mex
                Reply to New PC keyboard has an error
                by jim_mex
                Hi guys - it seems like I am back in business. The offending 'F' key seemed to lack sufficient travel to push down on the main board so I stuck a thin sliver of plastic under it with super glue and that seems to have solved the problem.

The only downside is I now have no excuses for my...
                Today, 08:42 AM
              • Rolf
                Reply to Home remodeling completed !!!
                by Rolf
                WOW! I really like your taste in doors etc. I have have always leaned towards contemporary / modern. But our house is a small cape and that style would not suit it. Since we are both Geminis we have 4 people and our house is very eclectic. Each room has a bit of different style.
                Today, 08:20 AM
              Working...
              X