Waiting for Paint to Dry....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waiting for Paint to Dry....

I am sure most of us have moments like this, you know... you are working away in your shop and have to finish something.... and end up waiting for paint to dry. Somedays I use the time to draw, read the forums or do some other work on the website, return email, clean the office ....

I wonder how much time I'd be able to give projects if I had a separate area for finishing...

Does anyone have this????

I have a separate area just for painting and I've even taken over another area in the basement for spray painting. But I still end up waiting for paint to dry.

But I'm one of those folks that when I'm doing something, that's what I'm into. Say, if I'm currently painting something, that's what I'm in the mood to do. I've tried switching from sawing to painting and back again when the paint is drying, but I really have to be in the mood to sit in front of the saw. I almost lopped of dracula's head last night while waiting for paint to dry trying the back and forth thing. It just doesn't work for me.

I'll stick with my method before I hurt myself.
    Kelly
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Comment

An idea I use for paint and varnish drying chamber. Wally world has these big square clothes covers. You know the ones, two hanger hanging about 2 feet apart and vinyl hanging down on all four sides, and the top and a zipper in front. I reinforce the hangers to take the extra weight and attach 1 byes to the courners with shelves every foot and half attached to the 1 byes. Unzip, place painted items on porcupine shelves, zip up and go on the next project.
      Chuck D

When a work lifts your spirits and inspires bold and noble thoughts in you, do not look for any other standard to judge by: the work is good, the product of a master craftsman.
      Jean De La Bruyere...

l
      Hegner 18, Delta p-20, Griz 14 inch Band saw

Comment

great tip Chuck
        CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
        "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
        Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

Chuck,

Could you post a picture of it?

Thanks,
          Marcel
          http://marleb.com
          DW788. -Have fun in the shop or it isn't a hobby anymore.

NOTE: No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X