Look at this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Look at this

I've been playing around at the river near my house destroying beaver dams and relocating beavers to help in flood control. We first saw these guys in the Spring and now see them almost every day we go out. We have found what we believe to be their nest and the DNR is going to verify it in February during their survey. If it is a nest it will be the first one in this county since 1890. These pictures were taken in Gary, IN about three blocks South of I-94. I was within 30 yards of them. Not something you'd expect to see in an urban area. There are also a couple of juveniles in the area.
    Attached Files
    Fred

There's a fine line between woodworking and insanity, I'm just not sure which side of the line I'm on!

One of the many birds we do "NOT" have here in the Islands...I guess it's to far for them to fly. Very nice. I remember visiting Alaska and seeing them all over....the nests are so large as well.
    Hawaiilad
    Larry

Comment

Great pics!
      "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
      Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Great Pics - They are fun to watch. One cold winter day, we found a bunch playing on the Mississippi River. They were hitching a ride on the ice chunk and floating down river. They would then fly back and find another ride.
        www.wix.com/tangowooddesign/home-page

Comment

Outstanding, beautiful, Hope that they stay around and grow..

www.pajarostudiowns.com
          Excalibur EX-21 fanatic
          One of the Chosen few

"The Rumors Of My Demise Have Been Greatly Exaggerated......I am retired!!!!!!!".

Comment

Great pitures. Thanks for sharing
            Rick- Out of the Woods

Comment

Beautiful birds there,congrats on them moving in.
              Tony

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Rolf
                Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                by Rolf
                So glad they were supportive, it is a bit disappointing that they had to be. But like any tool manufacturer they have to out source many of the components like the motor. At least the motor is mounted externally for an easy change. How true was the blade to the miter slots etc.
                I like the fact...
                Today, 08:34 AM
              • will8989
                Reply to Farmers market
                by will8989
                Steve posted it about 2 weeks ago. I just put out a small sampling of items to see what people are interested in. Seems to be everything! I did notice I had more credit charges than last year. But the ones who paid cash were the ones who paid $7 for a gallon of milk and $10 for a loaf of sourdough bread....
                Today, 08:17 AM
              • Sandy Oaks
                Reply to Farmers market
                by Sandy Oaks
                Way to go, Betty. Our farmers market does not allow craft sales.
                Today, 08:17 AM
              • Rolf
                Reply to Farmers market
                by Rolf
                Good for you! Who designed the small nativity?
                Today, 08:10 AM
              • NC Scroller
                Reply to Supermax
                by NC Scroller
                Two great customer service stories on this forum in a week. There is hope. Even in 2020.
                Today, 08:00 AM
              Working...
              X