Official 2011 Christmas Ornament Exchange

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official 2011 Christmas Ornament Exchange

I will be this year's host of the annual tradition. And since Christmas will be here before we know it I figured I'd get things started early. I'm only doing the ornament exchange, so if someone would like to volunteer to host the Secret Santa you're more than welcome.

Anyone that would like to participate, please send me the following information via PM. The cut off date will be Halloween or early novemeber. I should have your list of addresses to you by the second week of November. That should allow for enough time for those international packages. Of course, receiving ornaments in January is fun too. And it has happened before, so no worries.

Please provide the following information if you would like to participate:

Name
    Address
    Board name
    How many ornaments you would like to make (anywhere from 1 to all)

General Guidelines:

1. Ornament type/pattern is up to you.

2. You get to choose how many ornaments you would like to make. It can be anywhere from 1 to everyone in the group. The choice is yours. So even those folks on a limited income can participate. You do NOT have to send one to everyone in the swap.

3. You are responsible for all postage costs to send out your ornament. Be sure to take this into consideration when making your ornament and committing to the number you'll send out. Flat ornaments will be easier to package and cheaper to ship.

4. Please package your ornament securely. We've had issues in the past where ornaments were destroyed in transit because the postal machine was hungry for wood. Usually a little cardboard and a padded envelope will work. I wouldn't recommend putting your ornament into just a Christmas card or just an envelope and mailing it.

5. Please include your screen name from the boards in the package since most folks will recognize that name before they recognize your real name. Most folks include some type of card with their screen name and real name.

6. We try to wait until just about everyone has received their ornaments so that we don't ruin the surprise. Please wait until at least after christmas to post pics.

7. Have fun. It's so much fun going to the mailbox hoping that you have another ornament waiting for you. Definitely much better than getting a pile of bills!

Any questions, please let me know.

I will update This list as often as I can when I receive Your information. IF your Name is NOT on this list, then I dont have your info. Thanks.

last updated....11-4

Medic_149
    Powakee
    dgman
    Daddys Scroller
    Scrolling Grandma
    Daveswoodworking
    Saw Dust
    JStur23
    ChuckD
    Scrolling Jim
    Dan Velia
    Gvr0213
    Lois from Mississauga
    Martzy
    Flint Hills
    Shell7089

Last edited by medic_149; 11-13-2011, 09:01 AM.
    Have a great day..Teddy

Thanks for sending your info. I am looking forward to a great swap this year
    Have a great day..Teddy

Comment

thanks for hosting this years oranment exchange, last year was my first year an it was alot of fun. looking forward to it again.
      Tricia

Comment

Glad to have ya in the swap again this year.
        Have a great day..Teddy

Comment

Looking forward to ornament swap this year
          Dewalt 788

Comment

Dave I tried to answer your pm about the secret santa, but your inbox was full. You might try asking last years host. I am sure they could explain what is involved in hosting the secret santa.
            Have a great day..Teddy

Comment

Ok guys, october is almost halfway over...any more takers for the ornament swap?. remember i plan on closing sign up halloween night and will try to get lists out the first week in november. We have 10 folks so far.
              Have a great day..Teddy

Comment

WOW, 423 folks have read this and only ten have joined. I also noticed the the Secret Santa is also having a problem getting Santa's. Wonder what is going on? I thought everyone last year was happy. Where are they this year?????
                Chuck D

When a work lifts your spirits and inspires bold and noble thoughts in you, do not look for any other standard to judge by: the work is good, the product of a master craftsman.
                Jean De La Bruyere...

l
                Hegner 18, Delta p-20, Griz 14 inch Band saw

Comment

I did join last year & it was great getting all of those wonderful ornaments. It was like Christmas morning every time I went to the mailbox. However this year, I have a big project at work & I'm working lots of overtime. So I apologize, but I will have to skip the exchange this year.
                  www.wix.com/tangowooddesign/home-page

Comment

Originally posted by ChuckD View Post
                    Wonder what is going on? I thought everyone last year was happy. Where are they this year?????
                    I believe "Life" is what is going on.

Speaking only for myself, I am just too busy to participate this year. I have been in every ornament swap held by this board and they have been fun. I just don't make the time to get to know folks here like I used to do. Swapping with those I know is priceless, swapping with those I don't is still fun, but different.

I appreciate Medic stepping up to lead. Ya'll will have a good time regardless of the number of swappers!
                    ‎"Orphans are easier to ignore before you know their names. They're easier to ignore before you see their faces. It's easier to pretend they're not real before you hold them in your arms. But once you do, everything changes."

D. Platt

Comment

come an join the fun,it's nice to get somthing in you mail box except BILLS. so join the fun before it's two late.
                      Tricia

Comment

G'day all,
                        I would urge you to take part in this, it is a heap of fun.
                        Unfortunately I wont be taking part this year
                        Last year I was late getting my ornaments out and was terribly embarrassed by it. This year I am even more behind the 8 ball.
                        Hopefully I will get my act together for next years swap.
                        Regards
                        John
                        "The Golden Mile"John Wayne
                        Some of my Stuff
                        Retired Medically Unfit Police Officers ***.

Comment

john sorry you can't join us this year, you will be missed.
                          Tricia

Comment

You will be missed but I still have your address from last year
                            Chuck D

When a work lifts your spirits and inspires bold and noble thoughts in you, do not look for any other standard to judge by: the work is good, the product of a master craftsman.
                            Jean De La Bruyere...

l
                            Hegner 18, Delta p-20, Griz 14 inch Band saw

Comment

Got ahead of myself

So few signed up this year! I had already cut 35 ornaments to exchange and only 11 has signed up. Maybe no one can afford the postage this year. If anyone just wants to exchange one to one please send me an email.
                              Jim

Sorry Tricia I miss typed....I knew 11 just can not control my fingers.
                              Last edited by Scrolling Jim; 11-01-2011, 11:11 AM.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X