Enlarging a pattern

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enlarging a pattern

Ok not sure exactly where this should go. I found a pattern that I want to do but enlarge it. I know I could use a projector to put it on a piece of plywood and draw it but I don't have one. I want to enlarge something for the wife as a surprise but don't know how. One pattern is a black Halloween cat and the other is a pink breast cancer awareness ribbon so she can display it in the yard and I no idea how to do it. Can someone point me in the right direction?

I don't know where you can go to get a pattern enlarged to yard decoration size, but I remember when I was a kid, we had an art project where we had to take a small drawing and make it poster sized. We did it by tracing the picture onto graph paper. Then we marked out a graph with much larger squares on the poster. Then it was fairly easy to draw the picture larger using the squares as a guide.

Comment

EJM3

Go to Rapid Resizer - Easily Enlarge Patterns, Drawings and Photographs and get their program. This allows you to make the pattern any size you want and then print it out on multiple sheets of paper that are numbered and you simply put the sheets together on your board and you have your pattern. You can scan in your original pattern open it in rapid resizer and make it the size you want. Hope this helps

Charley

Comment

Hi EJM3,

What I have done in the past is to drop the jpg or clipboard into Word:
        ~ set the page layout to landscape
        ~ narrow margins
        ~ put a ruler at the top
        ~ then drag the image until it reaches the size of wood that I have.
        ~ the print it out

Quick and dirty but it works.
        Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Comment

I take my patterns to Staples - they have wonderful machines that will enlarge to anything you want.
          DeWalt 788

Comment

Staples, OfficeMax, Office Depot and Kinkos all have the copiers to do that. Many computer printers can also do this. Check your manual.
            Scott
            Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

try this free download works great and super simple
              PosteRazor - Make your own poster!
              May the wind at you back .....
              Not be from Lunch.

Don't take life too seriously; No one gets out alive.

Beauty is in the eye of the BEERHOLDER

Visit My Gallery

Oily's Gallery

http://www.picturetrail.com/oily11

Comment

I use Rapid Resizer for all my resizing needs. So far, it has taken care of everything I've ever needed and I've had some pretty good sized yard ornaments resized with it. It may be just what you're looking for. Good luck, David
                My grandbabies are what keep me going

Comment

Rapid resizer is the best. Just put in size you want and presto! it's done. There is a 14 day free trial so try it.
                  Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Well, I certainly learned a thing or two on this post. We have the Kinko's here and they usually fix me up but I am going to try these other two programs that were suggested. Thanks for the question and thanks to all for the replies.
                    John
                    I've Got A Lot More To Learn
                    About Leaving Battlegrounds Alone
                    "~~ Molly Venter

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Linda In Phoenix
                      Shrink wrap systems
                      by Linda In Phoenix
                      What do you use to shrink wrap, and what do you use it on? Lately in the puzzles section I've seen a couple of you mention shrink wrapping. I've considered such a leap. Even though the basics are all similar from manufacturer to manufacturer, it's still leaves some questions. Maybe others have...
                      Today, 11:51 AM
                    • Linda In Phoenix
                      Reply to Sundays market
                      by Linda In Phoenix
                      Brrrr. Glad you got to sell a little. I miss the people interaction. A lot. I hope you found some pretty pieces of wood at the store!
                      Today, 11:39 AM
                    • Linda In Phoenix
                      Reply to New tools
                      by Linda In Phoenix
                      New tools can definitely open up the scope of what we can do, or how well I'm on the band wagon. Congrats!
                      Today, 11:36 AM
                    • Linda In Phoenix
                      Reply to Interesting pallet
                      by Linda In Phoenix
                      At work (like 15 years ago) we got in some aluminum sheet on pallets 4'x12'. Those pallets were like brand new, without even any discoloring from the metals. I asked our sales rep, and he said I could keep one pallet. I removed all the 4' boards, which measured about 1/2" thick, 4" wide...
                      Today, 11:32 AM
                    • NC Scroller
                      Reply to Interesting pallet
                      by NC Scroller
                      I agree that needs to be saved for a special project. The wood is likely oak based on the grain pattern and the discoloration around the nail.
                      Today, 11:30 AM
                    Working...
                    X