table saw 2, thumb & finger 100+ stitches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• table saw 2, thumb & finger 100+ stitches

I guess that says it all. No tendon damage, open fracture as I lost part of thumb bone. No matter how careful you are it still happens. At least it was my left hand. Off to the couch - percoset a wonderful drug.
    Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Betty, I am so sorry to hear this because I know exactly how that feels. I have half a thumb and still can not use or feel anything with my index finger and it is my right hand. I had a lot of tendons severed though. I pray for a full recovery. Saw dust in it does not speed the healing process no matter what anyone tells you. (don't ask how I know this) Be Well. Steve
    If This HillBilly Can't Fix it Then it Ain't Broke!!!
    My Gallery
    [email protected]

Comment

Dang, I'm sorry to hear that. Heres hoping for a rapid recovery.

This is one time we do not need pics.....OUCH!
      Last edited by wood-n-things; 08-30-2011, 12:39 PM.
      "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
      Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Sorry to hear the bad news. Praying for a speedy recovery.
        Scott
        Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Sorry hear about your accident.
          Hope you recover soon and get back to woodworking.

Bob
          Delta P-20 & Q-3

I wondered why the baseball was getting bigger. Then it hit me!

Comment

Sending well wishes your way.

Comment

Rats a$$.......sorry to read about your accident Betty, Mike's right, no photos needed. I'm feeling weak in the knees already. Good the tendons weren't damaged. Praying for your speedy recovery.
              Gloria ............... Two memorable things to say in life, "Hello" for the first time, and "Good-bye" for the last.

Comment

I'm sorry for your accident, GWS! Don
                Don

Comment

Hi Betty - I'm so really sorry to hear of your accident.
                  Like Stevie I too have been there and got the damages to show for it. It's a blessing that you suffered no tendon damage as apart from some scar tissue you'll probably heal up nicely. Just take it easy, let the medication and the medics do their work and be patient and keep popping those pain killers for a few days. No doubt you'll be running the accident through your mind over and over again and asking yourself how the heck it could happen to you. Try not to dwell on that part and just look forward to your recovery.

Best wishes and please keep us posted of your progress
                  Jim in Mexico

Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.
                  - Albert Einstein

Comment

Sorry to hear you've been in the wars Betty, that must hurt like hell. This is a timely reminder to all of us not to get too complacent with our power tools. I hope you make a full and speedy recovery and as Jim says try not to dwell on the why's and wherefors.
                    Take care
                    Mick
                    I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. Winston Churchill

Comment

**** Betty, I am so sorry to hear of your accident. I had a friend that had his fingers reattached and is in the healing period right now as well. I hope you will heal fast and complete. I had a day in the shop yesterday when everything was going wrong, and I ended up giving up before I foreced something to happen. God Bless you thoght this period in your life. I hope you will be back in the shop soon.
                      Hawaiilad
                      Larry

Comment

Oh no Betty! I hope this doesn't lay you up too long.
                        Theresa

http://WoodNGoods.weebly.com

http://woodngoods.blogspot.com

Comment

Aw, Betty, I'm really sorry to hear about your accident. My husband is in the healing and therapy stages after a table saw accident and he wants you to know he feels your pain. We both hope you heal up quickly and well.

Jan

Comment

Whew, hope you heal quick. When I hear these stories, it makes me want to put out the extra $$ for the SawStop saw.

-----Randy
                            "Ever Striving, Never Arriving"

Comment

So sorry to hear about your accident, Betty. All the best wishes for an uneventful and speedy recovery and full use of all the parts!
                              Carole

Follow me on my blog: www.scrollsawbowls.blogspot.com

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• jim_mex
                                Reply to My first decent furniture project - Welding and woodwork combined
                                by jim_mex
                                Hi Linda - thanks for the comments on the welds. It took me an hour or so to get into the swing of MIG wire welding but I really like it in preference to stick welding especially for welding thinner material. I confess to investing in a new angle grinder to help with the cleanup and dressing. I bought...
                                Today, 12:25 AM
                              • keystonecop
                                Bread and Cheese..
                                by keystonecop
                                ‚Äč Scrollsaw Woodworking and crafts Winter 2020 3/4 Cherry. A work in progress. This has been one of the most frustrating and rewarding projects that I have ever done. @Fiona Kingdon is by far one of the great scroll saw artists. Her patterns are not always the type that I like (I like to follow red...
                                Today, 12:08 AM
                              • keystonecop
                                Reply to Recommendations anyone?
                                by keystonecop
                                This is in a 5x5 area.. The total shop is 10x12 ...
                                Today, 12:01 AM
                              • jim_mex
                                Reply to Turning to something new
                                by jim_mex
                                Wow! That segmented bowl is amazing!

Betty - I have an old Darth Vader helmet somewhere. Will that substitute Bruce's get up? Failing that there always my current biker's helmet Thanks very much for the safety advice and concern. Rest assured that safety is my priority these days....
                                Yesterday, 11:57 PM
                              • will8989
                                Reply to Turning to something new
                                by will8989
                                That is beautiful. Your design?
                                Yesterday, 11:42 PM
                              Working...
                              X