Hurricane Irene...From New Jersey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hurricane Irene...From New Jersey

hi...here are some pics so far of the storm....our street is flooded, the basement is flooded, the backyard is flooded....other than that we're having fun!!!!...altho i can't cut any puzzles today :-(

we live in wayne, nj which is about 22 miles west of nyc....i'm sure when the storm moves on the rivers will start cresting and then the fun begins......and this was the first time in the history of nyc that they shut the transportation system down.....subways....buses....taxis....wow!!!!

anyway enjoy the pics......time to go back to the basement and vacuum the water..

bob
    Attached Files
    "The Journey is the Reward"

Be safe and so sorry about the water problems.
    "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
    Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Hi, Bob! Glad to hear all is well (sort of)! I was just about to drop you an email to see how you made out with the storm. It will be interesting to see how NYC fairs through this.....fortunately the storm seems to have weakened from what I've read.

I'm glad we don't have to deal with hurricanes here, though. They seem awful scary and I wouldn't want anything to do with one.

For what it's worth, here's a few few pics of how we spent yesterday here in snowy, cold, Western New York......

Pay particular mind to the blue skies and sunshine!!

Just busting your chops, pal.......I know you'll pay me back this winter, LOL.

The boat is called The Black Pearl, and they offer brief historical charters out of Lewiston along the Niagara.....it was a treat for the kids from Grandma!

In all seriousness, I hope all is well for you, and for all the other scrollers on the forum who have to deal with this awful storm. Keep safe!!

Shawn Ferguson

Come visit at The Ferguson Puzzle Company !

Comment

I've been watching the Irene news all night - I have a sister that lives just south of Albany. She has no power but did have phone service - so I called her several times to tell her what was going on. (smile)
        DeWalt 788

Comment

Hi guys,
          I am from NJ also but the south western part of the state across from Philly. Most creeks in my area are flooded and I just spent the last 5 hours vacuuming up about 1" of water from my downstairs family room. I will probly need new rugs but thats ok because I don't like them anyway and besides I still have a roof over my head, so 1" of water is not too bad. Try and stay safe and dry.
          God bless.
          Mark
          Proud new owner of an EX-21

WWW.MGMWOODWORKS.COM

Comment

So happy to hear most of you folks are comming throught this storm with just a little or alot of water stading around, but were not hurt.
            Hawaiilad
            Larry

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X