Good luck with Irene!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good luck with Irene!

With all the gloom and doom about the potential destruction that Hurrican Irene could wreak this weekend I'd just like to wish all members who live in its path the best of luck. Batten down the hatches, stay safe and please don't do anything silly like venturing outside at the height of the storm to take pictures. Leave that to those folks who get paid for taking such risks.

And if you do suffer mishaps I sincerely hope they are only minor ones

Good luck and stay safe!
    Jim in Mexico

Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.
    - Albert Einstein

Nice thought Jim.

All the very best to everyone anywhere near Irene.
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Comment

We are very happy that Irene went right past us and headed north but not happy about all the folks in the path. The good news is that the storm is weakening and is now on the edge of becoming a Category 1 storm instead of the Cat 3 it has been.

Jan

Comment

Best wishes for a safe weekend to all our family on here.
        "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
        Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

I also hope that everyone in the path of this hurricane has either left or has batten down enough to keep from getting hurt. Nothing is more important than your self and your family...Be safe
          Hawaiilad
          Larry

Comment

Thanks....She is hitting us in NC as we speak. Glad she lost some punch over night. Looks like flooding will be the big issue.
            Scott
            Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Hang on rolf !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

According to the latest she's headed right over us here but is expected to weaken to a tropical storm when she hits southern Connecticut on her way up the CT River Valley. There's nothing I hate more than a strong wind storm in the middle of the night as I'm surrounded by some pretty massive trees; it's hard to sleep with one eye open. Hope everyone is prepared and stays safe as she blows through.
                Don

An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.
                Benjamin Franklin

At twenty years of age the will reigns; at thirty, the wit; and at forty, the judgment.
                Benjamin Franklin

A great empire, like a great cake, is most easily diminished at the edges.
                Benjamin Franklin

www.dogwoodstudiosnh.com

Comment

I hope all you folks in the path of Irene come through with little or no damage to yourself or your property. Been watching the news over here and it appears she is weakening, I certainly hope so. It must be a scary time for you.
                  Mick
                  I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. Winston Churchill

Comment

I went with a girl named Irene in high school . Didn't last long . Hope this storm is short and sweet too .

Roger

Comment

She wasn't short or sweet!! Rain lasted for 24 hours!!! Wind lasted about 30 hours. We're safe and no damage or flooded basement. Hope everyone else is ok.
                      Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X