ryobi tools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ryobi tools

much as i dont like to knock companies for problems with their products i gotta say something about my experience with Ryobi 18 volt tools. purchased a drill/impact driver combo kit from HD 3months and 8 days ago. I was all excited, brand new tools. but that excitement quickly faded. after driving about 2 dozen 2.5" deck screws with the impact driver it started making a clicking sound when the trigger was released and the motor was decelerating. didnt worry too much at that point cause it still drove scresws in great. But then 2 months in 1 battery wouldnt charge, then the dual charger i bought on top of the kit ( it charges nicad and lithium batts, which i thought a good idea since i planned to replace the batts with lithium's when the nicads gave out) gave out and stopped charging. Now the drill only runs in reverse. Every thing i bought with the exception of 1 of the 2 batts gave out after only 3 months. HD replaced the impact batt and charger (it was within their 90 day policy) but the drill had to be brought to a warranty centre. I contacted ryobi at there website and told them the story hoping they would offer to replace the whole kit or something. All I got was "we havent had any complaints with the product, take it to a warranty centre" REALLY, well i've warned everyone i know that uses power tools "DONT BUY RYOBI, THEY DONT HOLD UP,,,AND THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE SUCKS, BIG TIME". i have an 18 volt cheapo $29.00 drill i bought at walmart 3 years ago thats still goin strong. Just goes to show you it aint the name that makes it good it's how long it holds up, and ryobi ain't cuttin it. BE FORWARNED!

Thanks for the heads up, prehberg ! I have a miter saw & a weed-eater, both Ryobi, but, they were purchased a long, long time ago. They probably have cheapened them since then. I just wish we could buy something made here in the states, but, I wonder about that too ! I have found that even when you spend a lot, you don't know if you are getting the best product. Thanks.
    PERK

Comment

Buy Rigid tools. They have a lifetime warranty and their service is excellent. I had a Ryobi drum sander that almost made the neighbors deaf when I used it outside it was so loud!!!!!
      Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Sorry to hear about the problems you are having. It stinks when the toys that are supposed to give pleasure give you agravation.
        My Dewalt 14volt drill driver bateries all died and at $70 plus a pop it didn't make sense to buy new ones (10 years and the drill is still great) So for a change of color I bought the makita set drill and impact 18v lithium, worth every penny.
        Rolf
        RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
        Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
        Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
        And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Buy a/c not d/c you won't be disapointed.

Comment

A few years ago Ryobi came out with a small detail sander that used triangular sanding pads. It looked like a perfect solution for getting into corners. I bought one. Big mistake. I used it one time for about three minutes before my hand started getting numb from the vibration. I still have it and it has never been turned on again. I guess some of us don't learn very quickly. Some time later Ryobi came out with a very good looking sliding table saw which I was dumb enough to buy. The sliding table was much higher than the rest of the table with no provision to correct it. I took it back and got my money back. That was the last piece of Ryobi equipment that has ever entered my shop and will be the last one. After that there is an old motto I have taken to heart. "Screw me once, shame on you. Screw me twice, shame on me."
            Dennis

Comment

About 20 years ago I bought a small Ryobi palm sander, 1/6th Sheet or 4" x 21/2", and it has done huge hours and been quite wonderful and still gets used regularly. I made the mistake of buying a 16" single speed Ryobi scrollsaw some years back and that was just the worst machine I have ever had. Generally I keep away from Ryobi but I have used some of their industrial gear and it has been quite good.

Rhys

Comment

Ryobi, Used to bridge that gap between Handyman and Commercial use. It wasn't bad value for money, but of late, I've had no luck with their tools whatsoever.
                I steer clear of them now, just like B&D.
                Regards
                John
                "The Golden Mile"John Wayne
                Some of my Stuff
                Retired Medically Unfit Police Officers ***.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Linda In Phoenix
                  Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                  by Linda In Phoenix
                  It was a tough choice on the miter gauges---based on recommendations here. I researched the Kreg and the Incra. They were pretty much tied. I let fate decide it. Went into my nearest 2 hardwood stores. #1 sold Kreg, but they were out of stock and didn't know when an order would come in that...
                  Today, 06:47 PM
                • Linda In Phoenix
                  Reply to Plastic puzzle
                  by Linda In Phoenix
                  Nice puzzle. Go for the gusto---scroll it next time!! Several of the quality brands of blades make blades just for acrylics. With a sharp blade and the right speed it's all good.
                  Today, 06:38 PM
                • Jim Finn
                  Reply to Farmers market "survey"
                  by Jim Finn
                  The fees here in Lubbock Texas are $45 per year plus $15 per 10' x 10' space each Saturday that I show up. . Crafters are limited to number and type (to avoid duplication, competition) Any kind of set up allowed, meaning, tent or truck or trailer. No insurance requirements, just a sellers permit from...
                  Today, 04:48 PM
                • MidMich324
                  Reply to Plastic puzzle
                  by MidMich324
                  Using Corel Draw a 10 inch round acrylic jigsaw puzzle was created. It was the cut on an Epilog Laser. Two passes were used to cut thru 1/4 acrylic so as not to melt the plastic. Only one person has put it together so far. It is about 475 pieces. But would really like to try and cut one by...
                  Today, 03:57 PM
                • RJweb
                  Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                  by RJweb
                  As far as the Incra miter gauge, if you keep it 1/4 inch away you will be fine, but you will have to adjust it when doing angle cuts, it’s a great miter gauge, RJ...
                  Today, 03:42 PM
                Working...
                X