Deal or No Deal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deal or No Deal?

I have an opportunity to purchase an old public school's work bench. (Looks like one I used in shopclass when I was a kid.)

The Table is 5'x5' maple top that is about 3" thick. The top will need to be planed/sanded down. The top sits on a Cabinet that I would say is about 3.5' x 3.5'. There is no hardware (vise's) that come with it. They are asking $150.00. Is this a good deal or not?

sounds like an excellent deal. 5x5 is a perfect size for laying up large patterns and projects on, and it sounds beefy with lots of room for clamping to the table and for adding vises and bench dogs. wish i could find a deal like that. you are not likely to find just a work top of close to that size for that money, let alone with a cabinet
    Jeff Powell

Comment

The top alone is worth WAY more than $150. just think of all the turning blanks and pen blanks you could cut it up into
      ‎"Orphans are easier to ignore before you know their names. They're easier to ignore before you see their faces. It's easier to pretend they're not real before you hold them in your arms. But once you do, everything changes."

D. Platt

Comment

yes by all means jump on it grab it ect........ you'll pay twice that much for for one made of metal and partical board made in china taiwan ect..
        Daryl S. Walters Psycotic scroller with a DeWalt 788

Comment

Sounds like a deal to me. As a quick FYI for the rest of us who aren't as lucky, Woodcraft is having a special on a decent workbench for 129.99.
          1 1/16 Nordic Birch top, 19 1/2 X 53, benchdogs, tail vise. Tough deal to beat.
          Kevin
          Scrollsaw Patterns Online
          Making holes in wood with an EX-30, Craftsman 16" VS, Dremel 1680 and 1671

Comment

Thanks everyone. I'm going to do my best to get it this week.

Comment

Yeah, now that the buckeyes are done playing, you probably missed out on that great deal!!! dale
              Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

Not worth a ****. But I can use it for firewood. I'll send you the 150 Bucks and you can send it to me! I'll even pay shipping.
                MinotBob
                Makita MSJ-401
                Universal Tools:
                Remember you only really need 2 tools: WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the Duct Tape

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X