Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Observant are you

I deleted this message, becouse it didn't all come through sorry. Evie

Last edited by minowevie; 09-04-2006, 04:22 PM. Reason: this was cool , but might wont to delete

Well said Evie.

There is nothing as complicated as the English language.
    It has roots in Latin, Greek, French, Celtic and every other country that took over England.
    Then it evolved or dissolved to what we use today.

I do not know why there is a K on the word know.
    I do not know why threw and through sound the same
    I do not know why bough and through do not sound the same.
    I do not know why half the English speaking people pronounce "Schedule" as Skedual and the other half as Shedual.

I think somewhere along the way the English language became a sanction being and now we are stuck with being correct to the point where many cannot even communicate. Just look at legal forms and you will see what I mean.

Evie, you always get the message out. I am glad you do because you have lots to offer the rest of us.
    I was brought up by an English teaching mother and a father who was an editor.
    I still rely on spell checkers and many times my grammar is incorrect.
    As long as people can understand me that's all that matters.

Thanks for the post. It was fun.
    CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
    "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
    Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

Sorry Carl I deleted this post becouse it didn't all come through. but thanks for replying. there you are out there talking in air again. hahahah. sorry. your such a saint. i'll send you the real thing ok. love ya little brother. Evie

Comment

Evie----- I didn't get the message either but by what Carl is saying I have a feeling you are troubled by our grammer and spelling-- sooooooooooooooo being the smartf-rt I am I will tell you -- BecAUSE STUPID PEOPLE KEEP JACKING WITH THE ONCE PERFERFECTLY GOOD GRAMMER - NOW IT IS ALL SCREWDED UP -- ... I remember learning to spell potatoe with a e -- now it isn't -- colors were spelled right long before some dumb but decided to change it too- and who ever started saying Bucks instead of money -- well I can tel them where to put those bucks-- I hate it when people decide to use slang instead of real meanings -- bucks really ticks my chaps the most-- so if you little sister aare cornfused don't fret -- you are sane -- it is every one else that has flipped out.. we just won't tell them all we are smarter than they are --- love ya

Sharon

Comment

________Que?
          There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.
          (Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Comment

I didn't quite get that with your English Accent
            CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
            "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
            Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

Hein? Quoi?

De quoi parlez-vous?

You think English grammar is complicated?
              You should try French sometime

It is far easier for a French person to learn English than the opposite.
              Ask any unilingual person here in Quebec:

No, not that Vietnamese, no not that Chinese, no not that Hindu or that Créole either.

I'm talking about the English unilinguist.

Yes, I know those other immigrants haven't learned French either, nor English.

Well they only have been here some 10 years, we have to give them time...

Marcel
              http://marleb.com
              DW788. -Have fun in the shop or it isn't a hobby anymore.

NOTE: No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

Im observant!! I observed that I got here to late to see what I was supposed to see!!! Dale
                Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X