definition of an excuse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• definition of an excuse

Each day I look for a lesson, and in many cases it is the children that teach me something.... today it was an elder. Some of you may know who but I will keep her identity secret. Here is what I learned today....

An excuse is nothing more than an explaination to justify your actions or lack of action.

The guilty party beside right now, pleads "no contest" and has taken the therapists look with me. Appears somewhat flustered and admits guilt. Giggle.

So, guess I should get back to work ....

Other people have excuses.
    I have reasons.

Gill
    There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.
    (Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Comment

If I am wrong I will be the first to admit it. You might have to hit me on the head a few times to convince me I am wrong, but once I know I will say I am sorry.
      Saying sorry doesnt cost anything as long as it is sincere.

As for Gills comments, I had a teacher from Manchester once he gave me two pieces of advice.
      There are no excuses only reasons.
      An Englishmen doesn't need to get on his knees unless he is praying.
      I was trying to vault over a horse in highschool at the time and I didn't make it
      CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
      "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
      Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• NC Scroller
        Reply to Big week here
        by NC Scroller
        Congrats on your pending retirement and gaining a new daughter. I have been retired close to 6 years now and I have no idea where the time went. Yes retirement will mean some adjustment but I can tell you it is the best job I have ever had. By the way. If you think retirement means unlimited shop...
        Today, 11:18 AM
      • jim_mex
        Reply to Home remodeling completed !!!
        by jim_mex
        Thanks to all for the kind comments.

Norma and I are still growing into our 'new' home but are really happy that we got this work done and everyone who has seen the transformation have been wowed.

From my side I'm really pleased with how my kitchen extension idea worked out....
        Today, 09:17 AM
      • jim_mex
        Reply to New PC keyboard has an error
        by jim_mex
        Hi guys - it seems like I am back in business. The offending 'F' key seemed to lack sufficient travel to push down on the main board so I stuck a thin sliver of plastic under it with super glue and that seems to have solved the problem.

The only downside is I now have no excuses for my...
        Today, 08:42 AM
      • Rolf
        Reply to Home remodeling completed !!!
        by Rolf
        WOW! I really like your taste in doors etc. I have have always leaned towards contemporary / modern. But our house is a small cape and that style would not suit it. Since we are both Geminis we have 4 people and our house is very eclectic. Each room has a bit of different style.
        Today, 08:20 AM
      • Rolf
        Reply to New tools
        by Rolf
        You tube is a real blessing when it comes to learning new stuff. I have watched one that compared the flux core and gas mig weld. If I remember correctly polarity comes into play. The flux core weld was really nice. Have fun.
        I was told by the cardiologist that I am not allowed to weld because...
        Today, 08:14 AM
      Working...
      X